Thursday, 2 July 2009

Some things never change!

My incredible aptitude for leaving things til the last minute is one of them.

We have a 21st on Saturday (as I may have mentioned). I bought a pattern on Monday night but decided it was too complicated so I went out with Soooz yesterday and bought a dress pattern and some lovely fabric. Cut it out last night (and it was a bugger believe me) and started today.

But before I started I thought I'd go for a walk. Which I did and, incidentally, did some running too (well sort of joggy shuffle!) and it felt fantastic. When I got home I found that Three had actually got himself out of bed and had gone out. Locking the house up. And I hadn't taken keys because he was home and I don't usually anyway if I'm just popping down to the beach as long as a car is in the driveway and the place looks occupied. I had to knock on a neighbour's door to borrow his phone to ring Three only I don't have his number memorised! So I rang Himself and left a message on his voice mail and then rang One and asked him to get Three to come back here, pronto. Fortunately he hadn't gone far and the rain and wind held off so all was not lost.

I had a bowl of porridge and cuppa and then started sewing.

Then the power went out (see rain and wind above). I was starting to think this dress was not meant to happen but after about 20 minutes the power came back so here I am sewing and listening to Leonard Cohen. I will probably stop for a break now as I don't want to get fatigued and stuff something up.

1 comment:

  1. Learn a lesson mate... keep a key hidden outside!
    Sewing... oh I remember doing that ... so much on right now it's taken a back seat! So sad about that!

    ReplyDelete