This morning I took the bandaid off and saw my nose in all its glory. And reapplied a bandaid!
Before that I did my designated 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer, my 150 crunches, vacuumed the floors and had a much needed shower.
While I was having breakfast (porridge ...mmmmm) the Mermaid rang because she was having hassles with her business email. And there went most of my day! One had set up a website with email for her as a favour (a very BIG favour) last year but had managed it all himself as the Mermaid is very computer challenged. When her ex and his new missus arrived back in Melbourne (after fleeing Dubai ... unpaid debts and lordy knows what else) and made noises about taking over the business the missus kept hassling One for bits and pieces to be done to the site. So he gave her the access codes and washed his hands (very gladly). Only it turns out at the missus has somehow buggered up the email side of the website. When the Mermaid asked her earlier today if she had done anything to the emails she denied any involvement. When One went into the site and had a look nothing could be further from the truth. So the Mermaid is calming down before she rings the missus and tells her what to do to fix it. And as One pointed out "if she can't fix it she shouldn't have fucked with it in the first place". Well said, son.
In between phone calls I sat on the balcony in the sun and read my book. And watched a couple of sulphur crested cockatoos behaving quite aggressively but I couldn't work out why. One was on our side of the river and was flying from balcony to balcony raising its crest and flapping its wings and screeching like only a sulphur crested cockie can screech. The other one was way on the other side of the river (I had to use my binoculars to see it properly) but I could hear it as loudly as the one on this side. Later I saw a third bird so wonder if it was some sort of territorial mating issue.
Later in the day I lay on the couch (hence the photo above!) and read my book. And continued to deal with phone calls. And finally I went downstairs and stitched the panels of my current quilting project together. I only had to unpick (or reverse stitch!) three times!
It's a lovely balmy evening but they are forecasting more rain tomorrow. So I should get out and do my lap of the river early.
All in all it's been a very relaxing day but I have done the vacuuming so don't feel like a complete waste of space.
What a lovely post! Squarking birds, vacuming done... lying on the couch.
ReplyDeleteLovely.
Now I suppose I should do OUR vacuming... with squarking KIDS in my background. neat.