I have also realised that I spend WAY too much time on this computer. Books remain unread, sewing projects languish and my new jigsaw puzzle taunts me from the table. It's one thing to check emails a couple of times a day and to read favourite blogs of which I have ... let me see ... maybe half a dozen. I also check the newspaper headlines and do the daily Crickler puzzles (got to keep the Alzheimer's at bay!) But then the rot sets in and I check and recheck to see if someone has updated and if they haven't (surprise!) I get twitchy and irritable and start clicking randomly on other blog links and can waste hours. Or I play silly games (mini golf = major time waster).
So I need to be a bit strict with myself. I figure that if something is super urgent people will ring me. So I need to put the computer away and only access it for limited periods twice a day.
And then I need to address some other areas of my life that are ruled by things that they shouldn't be.
Does it EVER get easier?
I have kinda set times that I go on the computer! LIKE ALL THE TIME! I too find it a dreadful timewaster... in fact I should be cleaning out the attic and store room right now....damn!
ReplyDeleteGotta go do that right now!