Wednesday, 30 September 2009

my sewing companion!



It is very difficult to sew anything of any size when Tom decides to sit and smell the outside world from my window. It is also very hard to move him! He obviously misses being 'free' and will sit at my open window (which is on the street side of the house) and sways gently as he absorbs all the smells (I assume) that come in through it. This is actually Sheba's quilt (Tom's is blue where hers is pink and very pale green where hers is brown but that's by the by!) and I was quilting it using my new walking foot...




I have tried to get the photo of the caterpillar on my nose from my phone to my computer with no success. Maybe tomorrow. Or not.

What do you think of the new Cadbury commercial. The one for their new bubbles? An Aero rip off but actually nicer (and I never thought anything would be nicer than Aero). Apart from the chocolate (which is veeery moreish) I just love the new ad. It is fun, catchy, colourful (specially if you like purple) and, well, gentle and unassuming which is so refreshing in the current climate of ads which try too hard.

Himself has generously shared his cold with me. That'll teach me for being so unsympathetic towards him earlier. I am a bit surprised as I usually manage to shake his bugs off but this one is a doozy. And it's not fun when you have to blow your nose and you lose a bandaid covering a caterpillar!! Oh well. I'm on sick leave so I shall spend tomorrow curled up on the couch with NO feelings of guilt. Himself is off to Sydney for tomorrow and Friday so it will just be me and Three and he's at work tomorrow night. Definitely a couch and soup day.

And I'm quite looking forward to that. Sniffles notwithstanding it's going to be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment