Thursday, 3 September 2009

SPRING HAS SPRUNG


OK. It's an old photo but at least it has baby ducks in it. And I'll take some more soon.

So officially it is spring. And I must say, the weather has been very pleasant. A little bit of rain (always welcome) but some lovely sunshine and when I went onto the balcony just before the sun had some definite heat in it. I will be complaining about the heat before long but right now, it's very pleasant.

Himself and I have walked to the beach and back every morning this week. Even today on a day off I was up at 6. I did put my head down for a wee while when we got back but only cos I could.

I can't believe that we have been in the house for nearly 12 months. It has flown by. We are still very happy down here even though there are some major issues with the owners' corporation committee which is mainly made up of self serving residents who are only concerned about what directly affects them (and they make up 70% of the committee). We have the AGM next month and hopefully we will get some people on with some balls who will tackle the difficult issues (like a certain group of residents who have erected MASSIVE satellite dishes in their courtyards). But apart from all that it is a lovely place to live. I am sitting at the kitchen bench with the french doors wide open and the sun streaming onto the balcony. The tide is out and there is a gentle breeze rustling through the grass by the river. It could be a lot worse!!

I have a golf lesson at midday, the floor really needs a vacuum and I have a ton of fabric accumulating in the sewing room (and more on the way - thankyouebay). I still need to finish the two quilts I started yonks ago. I'm getting to the "stuff it throw them in the bin and start something new" stage. But I will persevere and get them done. And will probably THEN throw them in the bin! I also have pyjamas to sew for the boys, skirts and tops to sew for me, t shirts to sew for Himself and 2 cross stitching projects to finish, another 3 waiting to be started and the whole lot to be made into cushions or framed when they're done.

So I guess I'd better go and start something ....

1 comment:

  1. Your day sounds lovely, hope the golf was fun.
    Personally I don't think I could ever do golf.. hitting a little ball around a paddock and trying to get in in a tiny wee hole is just beyond my level of patience! I would rather stab myself with bloody pins!
    Thanks for the lovely emails today, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete