Last night I finally saw some results in my signing. It's not that I'm impatient or anything! The study notes are finally up and I have spent the last hour going over them. My head is spinning. It might be listed as a part time course but I reckon for every hour I am spending in class I will be spending at least that amount again on study, revision and assessment. This is quite normal in these days of self directed adult learning.
I had brunch with K, T and J today. It is T's birthday tomorrow. We gave her a voucher to Spin a Yarn so she can buy some decent yarn for a change. She remarked on the anxiety rings K and I were wearing and joked was it a club? I gave her hers and she was thrilled. They are a great way to release a bit of tension when I would usually pick my fingers or chew my nails.
Himself and I went to visit Mother in Law. She was in a princess chair and we walked straight past her. She was dozing but roused enough to hold our hands and say thank you. We will go more frequently.
We have been told she will never walk again.
Not much else to say today. I have a lot going around in my head but it doesn't want to spill out through my fingers yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Steak and salad for dinner tonight.
I’m glad you were able to go and visit
ReplyDeleteSometimes that’s the best medicine for the patient
She is at the stage where just having human contact seems to mean so much. I know the staff there are good but with all the PPE stuff I don't know how much skin to skin she gets.
DeleteI guess you mean never walk again. Good that you saw MiL.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Andrew, I have corrected it.
DeleteA busy day, all round, with lots accomplished. Hope you enjoyed the steak!
ReplyDeleteChris, the steak was delicious. I even had some chips with it!
Delete