Obviously the news on everyone's lips at the moment is the death of Queen Elizabeth II and the ascension of Charles as king. I knew my aunt would be upset and I rang her to find her in tears. We had a long chat about the monarchy (Harry and Meghan should be charged with treason among other points of discussion!) and she acknowledged that a lot of her grief was for times past as she (and so many like my aunt) remembered their lives in the light of her Maj.
We have seen the end of an era and will never see the like again. Whether this is a good thing or not remains to be seen.
Last night Three and his lot came over and we had steak for dinner. They thoroughly enjoyed this rare treat. Much discussion was had about how to resign, how much notice to give, how to handle the inevitable fall out (walk out if they treat him badly). He popped over today for a chat and is so looking forward to this new start.
Three rang when he was on his way over and told Sally the news. He said "Do you know what this means, Sally"? She replied "Yes. We will have a better life". Out of the mouths of babes.
We have five steps that go from the kitchen/family area up to the top room. Sally missed her footing and slipped down them yesterday and the screams were terrifying. Her parents said they had never heard her scream like that before. I think she winded herself which is very scary She had small graze on her back and it might bruise a bit but otherwise seemed ok and perked up a bit after some mummy TLC.
Remember the bloomers/pilchers we were knitting for Alice?
Amy finished hers yesterday. The wouldn't even get past Alice's chubby knees but they did make a cool beanie for a kid with pigtails.I have another physio appointment later today. I think my back is slowly improving.
Not sure what we will have for dinner. I made a loaf of bread this morning and we all had ham, cheese and salad sandwiches for lunch. They were pretty damn good if I say so myself.
It is a quiet, still day today. Not sunny, not overcast, just a bit dull. A bit like my mood. I think the events of the past few days have taken their toll.




Lol at Alice's beanie. These are times to treasure for you.
ReplyDeleteThey are, indeed, Andrew.
DeleteYou and I have a lot in common with all of the grandchildren. And I want you to know that I very much appreciate your thoughtful comments on my blog. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteYou are very welcome, Mary. I feel we share similar experiences and are of a similar age.
DeleteOh get your running shoes on. Life is about to get hectic lol
ReplyDeleteI think the beanie for pig tails is perfect
I guess that's how things get invented!
Delete