It's been a heavy day. The sky has felt heavy. The air has felt heavy.
I have always been very sensitive to a sudden drop in atmospheric pressure and this his how it has felt today. We used to have a barometer and sure as eggs if I started to feel this sense of oppression the needle would be falling. I think I need to get another one.
I did a bit of housework today and I planted another couple of rows of radishes and carrots. The radishes I planted a few weeks ago are coming along really well. If the sun ever decides to shine I think a lot of my recent plantings will take off.
Himself washed the outside windows and what a difference it made. I can see clearly now ...
After a late lunch of bacon, eggs, baked beans, tomatoes and home made bread toasted I sat down to do some work on my socks. I am really enjoying this pattern and can't wait to get into the heel and see if I can do it without dropping stitches like I did on the previous pattern.
It was another public holiday today in Victoria. The day before Grand Final.
This time 34 years ago I was out shopping with a girlfriend. Our husbands were looking after our kids. I was 40+ weeks pregnant with Three. We had dinner at the Pancake Parlour and as we sat down (at a table - I didn't fit in a booth) my contractions started. I was determined to finish my meal and we eventually staggered back to the car with me having to hang on to the wall every few minutes. When we got home she rang the door-bell, told Himself I was all his and ran as fast as she could back to her car!
34 years ago was also grand final eve and I spent the early hours of my labour in the hospital pacing the TV room with Himself watching the overnight coverage of previous grand finals. Three was born and I was able to sit up in bed and watch the sun rise.
I remember thinking it was the perfect place to be on a grand final day.
I never know exactly why but sometimes are air con heating makes a lot of water and at times none. After a few weeks of none, it has made a heap since yesterday evening. I wonder if it barometric pressure related. It does mostly seem temperature related.
ReplyDeleteI suppose with the third one, unlike if it was your first, there was no need to leave behind perfectly good pancakes.
Your heater/air con would certainly be humidity related I would assume.
DeleteI knew what was to come and I was NOT leaving those pancakes! My friend was not convinced but she was driving and I wasn't moving and she had to get me home.
My sister-in-law was giving a party when her labor with one of her boys started. I think the guests just kept on with the party while she and her husband went to the hospital. My labors are so long that I could drive to another state, check in to a hospital, and it would be at least one change of shift before I had a baby after labor began. Luckily I've been able to have my children at home so taking my time was only a problem for me.
ReplyDeleteThe ability to stay home as long as possible (and even deliver there - wow!) is so important. My first two were born in a small hospital that was just lovely. Three was a larger hospital and the experience wasn't quite so great. Home births are not really an option here.
DeleteWhat a lovely story to share with your baby umber three
ReplyDeleteAs my team isn’t in the grandfinal I can honestly say I have absolutely no interest in watching the game.
So far it’s nice and sunny so after art I might wander around the back and harvest what is ready and process it all to be put away to make room for more summer plantings
The morning sun is shining on the new beds so I have high hopes.
Delete