The days are drawing in and sunset is getting earlier. We are still in for some warm days (historically at least) but the nights should stay below 20*C and the mornings will start to get crisp and foggy.
I went to fave yarn shop with J and C and we had a lovely day as always. Lunch at our fave Hastings cafe - never had a bad meal there. I showed great restraint and only bought a pair of knitting needles. The other two bought yarn to knit one of our favourite scarves.I was very tempted but decided to use yarn I have at home. And I also have 3 projects actually on needles with umpteen others planned so I really don't need another one right now but crafters will understand the temptation.
I have finally booked our accommodation for our trip to Lakes at the end of March. I am glad I procrastinated took my time as I was going for el cheapo which would have been a mistake. Himself pointed out that what I was looking to spend was not conducive to a pleasant stay.
After looking at the various motel photos and all the pics of Lakes, today is a we will move day.
Himself had his first day of cardiac rehab. It's an 8 week program and is free. A bit of exercise, a talk each week on various cardiac related issues and general support. Yet again I have to say that for all the issues with our health care we really can't complain when compared to other countries.
Himself is cooking hamburgers for dinner. I wanted chips or potato cakes and there are still very few, if any, spud products in the supermarkets. He found one lonely packet and paid a small fortune for them. They had better be good. What Sparkling wants, Himself makes sure Sparkling gets (most of the time - I am still working on more cats). I am spoilt and I will admit it. I am also very tolerant of a contrary bastard. I am sure all of you who have long term partners will understand.
Tomorrow we go to talk to Centrelink. I think it will be a three gin night.

I could totally enjoy your totally different lifestyle. Yarn stores and coffee with friends. Sigh. Civilisation.
ReplyDeleteThat scarf looks incredibly complicated but I'm amazed at your sock knitting progress. Something I keep putting off learning.
And the rehab. And Himself s man's club. Keep em busy!
Don't put off the sock knitting. It is easier than you think.
DeleteI definitely know about wanting to do all the new projects.
ReplyDeleteI’m being very firm with myself at the moment.
There is nothing wrong with being spoilt. We deserve it
Angela, I had a look at my stash and I need more.
DeleteBooking our trip to England this April/May, we have had to force ourselves to not look focus on cheap options.
ReplyDeleteOh yes. Well do I understand about long term partners. Isn't it about areas of expertise? Well, it is until it all goes wrong.
There is a difference between going to England and 5 days in Lakes Entrance! The difference was less than $400 for the 5 days and gives us somewhere pleasant to relax if we choose to.
DeleteThe shared expertise - I agree. Until someone thinks they know the other's area better.
It is nice for sweethearts to spoil each other now and then.
ReplyDeleteIt's the little things that keep the spark.
DeleteSpoiling has its place! So you're back to moving, huh? Yeah, yeah.
ReplyDeleteWho knows what we will be thinking in an hour or two.
DeleteWhy are there no potatoes available? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteNights below 20C are much easier to take, it gives the house a chance to cool off, although you probably have AC.
Spring is on it's way here although it moves at a glacial pace. We still have snow and it's -13C this morning but it's supposed to warm up.
Late last year we had horrendous rain across a lot of the country and potatoes don't like wet feet so the crops failed.
Delete-13C. Oh my.
Glad you've booked your retreat. Sometimes it pays to go for a little luxury! (Or even semi-luxury!)
ReplyDeleteSteve, I can assure you it is semi-semi-luxury at best! Although it does have a spa bath.
DeleteHusband did a similar cardiac rehab program after his heart attack. Three years later he's still a gym addict. Our NHS is brilliant - or tries to be in spite of cutbacks and stupid government.
ReplyDeleteI don't think mine will become a gym addict. Those days have past but he will get some useful information and some ideas on increasing his strength.
DeleteI love that scarf!!!
ReplyDeleteIt is deceptively easy.
DeleteOh remember the days of ‘doing it on the cheap’. My body (back especially) doesn’t function/appreciate that way these days.
ReplyDeleteThat’s a very different looking scarf pattern- was it easy to knit?
That image isn't mine. I have one as a WIP but can't find it. I will post it in today's post.
Delete