This is something I finder harder and harder to do! When I was in NSW the girls wanted me to get down on the floor and play with them. The problem is getting down is easy. Once you're down there you realise that getting up is, if not nigh on impossible, certainly extremely ungainly and inelegant.
When we saw the delightful Chris from Centrelink on Friday he told Himself to come back around 2pm today to get the paper work stating he had a commonwealth seniors health card.
He rocked up to the counter and was asked if he had an appointment. No, he replied, he had been told to come back by Chris.
Take a seat and someone will be with you shortly TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
Someone did come over and after Himself explaining the situation was told that he couldn't see Chris because Chris doesn't deal with the public. But he saw us, said Himself, and told us to come back. Doesn't matter, unhelpful dude replied, you can't see him as he doesn't deal with the public.
No wonder there are security guards all over the place and no wonder people get angry.
Himself had his xray and ultrasound on his knee today. MRI on Wednesday and we will make an appointment to see his GP for the results next week.
In breaking news ... I have flowers on the pumpkin. It must have heard me threatening to pull it out. The only problem I can see at the moment is I have ONE female flower and about a dozen male flowers. How many males are required to fertilise one female? And to make matters even worse, the female (understandably, I suppose) has decided to grow as far away from the males as she can. It looks like I might have to get my pimping hat on.
Oh, good grief. Bureaucracy!
ReplyDeleteIt's a bloody nightmare, Steve.
DeleteMaybe the female blooms are just slower to show up. They are shy.
ReplyDeleteI hope so, Mary. It's a very big plant for one bloody pumpkin!
DeleteGood luck with the pimping!!
ReplyDeleteI watch YouTube videos about how to get up from the floor. They're made by the young and fit mostly . I laugh at them.
DeleteI think we are given the ability to laugh at ourselves as we get older for a reason. I feel like a tortoise struggling to flip back over.
I like the YouTube video about falling. This kid, I mean physical therapist in her forties, tops, says when you fall, fall in a circle, it's safer. When I have fallen the first thing I knew was when the sidewalk suddenly jumped up and got me.
ReplyDeleteCrikey! I'm not a cat. Like you, the first you know is either when the ground hits your face (or your glasses) or you realise you are in that stagger that will end up with you face down. Fall in a circle? What planet is she on.
DeleteThe Stalker
ReplyDeleteShe doesn’t like the Misters …..perhaps they are not pretty enough , are just passing through , or it is a marketing exercise about productivity. Don’t encourage licentiousness Ms Sparkling!
But Stalk, I want pumpkins!
DeleteNot even one bit surprised at what happened at Centrelink. Yes can totally understand why people go postal.
ReplyDeleteI’m afraid even if you pimp the female flower out and she starts to grow round, it’s too late in the season to ripen a pumpkin. They take a long time.
Well why didn't they flower sooner? They have been in the ground since October. Not happy, Jan!!
DeleteMy yoga instructor has us roll onto our side and push ourselves up into a sitting/crouching position. Then it's onto your knees and push up from there. You're right - it's very inelegant!
ReplyDeleteYou make it sound so easy, roll onto your side and push up. Try commando crawl to the nearest upright thing and drag your sorry self into a sitting position. Wait until breath returns then call for help.
DeleteBureaucracy is maddening! Getting up, yes, sometimes I look like a flailing Fish, or so The Son says. *LOL*
ReplyDelete