Sunday, 5 March 2023

Sunday

This was last night's sunset. Aren't the colours just glorious.


 
Himself finally broke down and admitted this job was too much for him. He rang One who was busy but Three came over and helped hammer nails in and sand. Himself had just started to apply the first coat of oil and rains came. Oh well. He got a lot more done with help and it lightened the mood no end. Apparently I do not know how to use a hammer.


I hid inside and did some weaving and played some puzzle games.

Dinner is beef rendang from the freezer. I hope tomorrow is a bit brighter chez merlot.

17 comments:

  1. ‘My mumma told me there’d be days like this’. As you say - hopefully tomorrow is a better one.
    And the rain has arrive in the eastern suburbs and it’s getting cold (well much cooler)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a brill sunset photo, taken with your phone I guess. For all of us there comes a time when we realise there are things we can no longer do. That is normal ageing but the realisation can be a bit hard to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only use my phone and I don't do anything to them other than crop occasionally. I do have a Cannon DSLR but I have forgotten how to use it and need a new battery and memory card.
      Accepting one can no longer do things is very challenging.

      Delete
  3. Great sunset! It's hard to accept you can't do what you used to. I painted this entire interior, three floors, alone, regularly until I got past 80 and past painting shortly after. Gave away my painting kit, so I didn't get crazy and start doing it anyway. It's not easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Himself has always been the first to offer help but hates asking for it. Even Three said the deck was at least a two man job. I am in awe of you painting til past 80!

      Delete
  4. What a fine, sturdy helper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a bit special, that one. And no hesitation to jump in and help.

      Delete
  5. I admire the work it takes and took when we did something similar. It did not go well. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan. I am learning to button my lips and admire the progress!

      Delete
  6. The Stalker
    Men…..none in this house other than The Wolf …4 short legs and pretty useless with a hammer. We love our tradesmen, over the years we have sorted and retained what we call “best in show”. My sons wouldn’t know what a hammer looked liked or how to start a lawnmower but I love them dearly . You have best in show with your hubby so just keep the first aid kit on hand…and get an extra bottle of gin…it’s a fantastic disinfectant for the first aider…deck looks cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately our sons can wield a hammer and One can mow a lawn. If we stay here we will be using them more.
      I was worried at one point you were going to suggest wasting good gin on a wound. Phew!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous sunset. We are so built up here I rarely see the sun rise or set, just a glimpse from an upstairs window. Handy to have fellas on hand for the inevitable repair jobs that come with home ownership.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky that we are on a bit of a slope and that room is on top of the garage so I do get to see the sunset from my position on the couch.
      The boys will be pushed into service as needed. Himself has to slow down. He will be getting the "you're not much use to me dead" talk soon.

      Delete
  8. I was so tired I didn’t even notice the sunset last night. But I did hear the rain overnight. We got a goodly amount of rain and boy did our paddocks need it. There isn’t a puddle to be seen. It’s all been soaked up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Andrea. Not that long ago that amount of rain would have required gum boots just to check the mail.

      Delete
  9. The Man used to go Mental when I'd use an Ice-Cream Scoop as a Hammer. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete