The packing and clean up continues. I found this. From L) to R) Yours truly, Himself and the Mermaid. Cup Eve dance c. 1978
Sally sends me pictures she draws on her ipad and sends them to me to guess. I was a bit perturbed about this one. Any ideas? It's not a fish.
I saw the eye surgeon today. Before I saw him I saw one of the orthoptists and my middle and distance vision with the new lens is so good she told me to stop showing off as I made my way to the bottom of the chart! Once the second eye is done I am hoping my close vision will improve as at the moment my brain is trying to decipher two very different eyes. Worst case scenario I will need +1.5 reading glasses for really fine print. And I can get them for a few dollars. I bought two pairs for $4.50 each when I was in Lakes as my old multifocals with one lens out were making me feel seasick. The only drawback will be possibly being one of those old women with their specs around their neck!
We got the quotes from Metricon today. This house is not going to be cheap but we weren't blown out of the water either. The only things we have chosen not to get done are things we have decided in hindsight we didn't really like. I still get my pyrolytic oven and I think we are getting fully zoned electric heating and cooling.
I counted on my fingers and realised today is 10 more sleeps.
Dagnabbit.


I had to look up pyrolytic oven, self cleaning, I like mine, just wipe up the ash.
ReplyDeleteI guess I'll look forward to cataracts then, I'd be okay without glasses.
They're great aren't they? I can't not have one now.
DeleteAs for cataracts - I wish I had them done soone!
I was happy to get the second eye done and have balanced vision again. I don't need glasses at all. Even fine print only needs a better light. Your brain will be glad, too. That month was a bit stressful, even without moving house!
ReplyDeleteLiz, I can't wait for next Wednesday. I can't knit or crochet at the moment - too hard.
DeleteLike Pixie, the more raves I hear about vision after cataract surgery, the more I am looking forward to it.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great picture!
Best surgery ever!
DeleteBe careful with the oven, the house next door had one and it caught on fire, the smoke caused a lot of problems.
ReplyDeleteThat's me, I have a chain around my neck for my reading glasses.
I shall make sure I get something a bit out there if I need a chain! I would never leave the house unattended when using the self cleaning mode. Also, for it to produce smoke suggests that it should have been cleaned more frequently! Mine tells me when it wants a clean.
DeleteI think the drawing is a wrapped candy. Love the old photo!
ReplyDeleteAh, good thinking.
DeleteStalker
ReplyDeletePyrolytic and induction plus fully ducted reverse cycle air are guaranteed to be worth every penny . Cookie just loves the Induction , we always had gas but she reckons induction is just magic as for pyrolytic cleaning , just open the door in or near the kitchen as it does exude odor but the finished product is also amazing..
Sparks, good choices, who wants to scrub ovens when you are too busy retired
I have never had a smell with my ovens. I hope the new one will be the same. The old ones were electrolux and this one will be westinghouse. Same company I seem to remember. Induction is a game changer especially as we were confirmed gas users.
DeleteThe cleaning process is great but you need a bit of fresh air waffling through your kitchen to counteract the cleaning odour the pyrolytic makes . We had to buy a new set of induction appropriate saucepans ,we didn’t mind as ours were older than methuselah … well that’s exaggerating a bit but you get the picture.
DeleteYou've chosen wisely with the oven, my daugher loves hers, and the cooling/heating too.
ReplyDeleteI'm dreading the time between eye surgeries, with one good and one bad, I spend so much of my time reading!
I manage reading using my kindle with larger font and the reading specs. It's crocheting and knitting I am struggling with but only a week to go.
Delete