I have packed what I can.
I have cleaned what I can.
The house looks like a bomb has hit it but there is nothing else I can do. Himself will have to deal with it. This is an issue for me as every time we have moved I have been the last one out and made sure the place was clean to my standards.
He assures me he will be able to do it and I have to have faith. I just hope he isn't wearing his "boy" glasses when he does the final look around!
The fridge has been cleaned (by me). The freezer has been cleaned (by him). I am not going to reclean the freezer!
I have cleaned the main bathroom and loo and placed a note on the door that it is not to be used. I have cleaned the ensuite and Himself will just have to do a quick wipe around and another loo clean.
There is a lot of cluttery stuff. He has said that if all else fails it will go to the tip (which has a shop so it's not automatically landfill).
I have had a shower and the towels are now in the wash so I can take them down tomorrow all nice and clean because someone (me) packed all our other towels! Himself had a shower as well as he has gone out for dinner with the blokes from the Shed as a goodbye which I am really happy about (the dinner, not the shower).
Tomorrow morning I will do one last wash and dry (we have nearly $500 credit on our electricity bill so I have no qualms about using the dryer!), empty the fridge into the esky and give it a quick wipe if it needs it. Pack up my car with cats, cat paraphernalia, toaster and kettle, plates, glasses and mugs (need tea and need wine), and enough clothes to see me through til Thursday (hence the wash tomorrow morning).
The dogs will be given a really good run and put in Himself's car. I think they will initially be excited but once they realise they aren't going anywhere they know and having had a good run they should sleep. He says he will stop for a piddle break but they can sleep for hours after a good run. He might need the piddle break more than the dogs.
I hope the cats sleep. I have calming spray which I will use in my car and the cat carriers. They will not have access to dry food overnight so there is less chance of accidents. Nothing worse than driving with a car smelling of cat shit.
Am I sad? Not really. As I have said before, I feel more like a caretaker of this house and I feel like the proper owners have been found. We did plan for this to be the last house we would live in and certainly threw money at it to make it so but it just never felt like home.
I had a long chat with Three earlier and we both feel that we are moving onto the next stage of our respective lives and it will be good. Their house is great. It was left in appalling condition by the previous tenants (we lent them our carpet cleaner and the filth that came out of supposedly clean carpets was just disgusting) but they are working to make it home. The girls seem happier already. He is stressed about moving but the underlying feelings are happiness, relief and optimism. This mother's heart is full.
There will be challenges in moving so far away from all that is familiar and dear. We are moving to a country town. We will not have access to the things we are used to (doctor anyone?) but we will make it work. Am I terrified? Hell yes. I do NOT do change well at all (I bought the wrong scented deodorant and that took days to get over) and this is about the biggest change I have ever made. Maybe it stems from moving so much as a kid and having no control over my situation. I remember when we came to Australia from Hong Kong and the awful feelings I had - there is a sense of that but I am older and wiser and know that this is something we will both embrace and enjoy.
I won't have a computer or internet for a few days so my updates will be sporadic and brief.
One more sleep.
Good luck on the move!
ReplyDeleteThanks xxxx
DeleteWow! I know it doesn't seem like it to you, but all this seems to have happened so quickly. And yes, you will embrace and and enjoy your new home, your new situation. And I'm sure it helps to know that Three is in a good place with his family.
ReplyDeleteIf the Mermaid hadn't come for lunch in January we wouldn't have done the road trip in Feb and ended up in Lakes and Himself and I wouldn't have gone down in March for a look see. So yes, it has all happened really quickly!
DeleteI have never commented here, but *found* you through Ms. Moon! Have enjoyed getting to *know* you and a bit about your life in this cyber world.....and just wanted to say I will be keeping you in my thoughts on the big moving day! It's a huge day that you have well prepared for.....but still it is quite a life changing event! May all go well..... and may you arrive safely and well appointed!
ReplyDeleteSusan M/ Calif.
Welcome Susan, and thankyou for your kind words. I think I will need all the positive vibes the universe can send my way today! Not least with the cats!
DeleteSo excited for you both. Hope the animals settle in quickly.
ReplyDeleteAs long as they don't misbehave on the way down we will be find.
DeleteAnd I am sure we all wish you good luck. It would be nice to have a GPS tracker on your car to watch your progress east, and then we can cheer once you arrive.
ReplyDeleteSparks
ReplyDeleteChange is good particularly when you are choosing to do it. You will make new friends, have new opportunities and are of an age where you still have many active years ahead. Bon Voyage or perhaps Bon driving is more appropriate love to the menagerie and enjoy
Are you leaving the fridge and freezer or taking them with you? Some people leave them like they leave dishwashers, specially if the fridge space is a certain size and the fridge was bought to fit.
ReplyDelete