Friday, 9 June 2023

Welcome to my life


This is pretty much how we are living at the moment!

The stylist came and took all her stuff back. She gave me a couple of artificial plants to keep as I commented on them. I don't really like artificial but these look very lifelike and the cats can't chew them. The house is very empty but gives us space to put things in piles for the moves.

The next door neighbour has agreed to clean our carpets when we leave (it's his business after all!) for a very reasonable price. Another neighbour called in and was in tears when she left. We don't see her much but Himself has helped her out from time to time and we make sure she's OK. She's a widow and is struggling with ill health. I think she will miss us.

I saw my GP and she said I can telehealth for 12 months with her if I can't get into a doctor in Lakes. This is great news. It gives me breathing space and as I will be up here regularly I can always pop in and see her in 12 months. The current rules are that if you have been seen by a doctor at the practice you can telehealth for 12 months afterwards. I hope they don't change that any time soon.

2 weeks and 2 days til I am out of here.

22 comments:

  1. Looks like organised chaos. Just keep that old saying in mind…..it’ll be alright on the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your are lucky to have experienced pretty much everything running smoothly and you haven't had large gaps of waiting in limbo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hush your mouth. No jinxing here, thank you!

      Delete
  3. Glad you can still see your doctor. Makes it easier on you.
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as if you've been great neighbors. People will be sorry to lose you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We keep ourselves to ourselves but are friendly and keep an eye out on those who are old(er) and frail. Nothing less than anyone else I would hope.

      Delete
  5. This is all amazing to me. YOU are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. That’s all happening so quick.
    You’ll be gone before I get back. I might have to do a road trip and have a long lunch with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have a guest room!! I might have to drop a bag of quilting books and bits off at your front door if hubby doesn't mind.

      Delete
  7. Fingers crossed there are no hiccups along the way. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Stalker
    Seawards Girlie!
    I had an Aunt Girlie….never knew her real name.
    When does the build start..have you chosen the kitchen benches/ splash back yet? We just had our kitchen renovated chose Dekton
    After 6 weeks of use it is still immaculate.
    Sparks is casting off soon… you land lubbers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait. It's the little things like markets somewhere every weekend where you can get local produce and stuff.
      We chose benches and tiles last Wednesday.

      Delete
  9. I quite liked telehealth when we could do it, I'd call in and the doc would renew my scripts via fax to the chemist, easy-peasy. then he said he was no longer allowed to do that, so I found a doctor much closer to home, he doesn't bulk bill, but I rarely need a doctor so I'm okay with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they bulk bill telehealth anymore but it can still be used. I guess each doctor has their own way of doing things.

      Delete
  10. I'm sure living out of boxes is no fun. Counting the days, right?!

    I had some telehealth appointments with my doctor during the pandemic. I was not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not ideal but for repeat scripts it will be fine.

      Delete
  11. Such a lot to consider but at least the telehealth sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me time to find a doctor which is great.

      Delete