Monday, 12 June 2023

Happy birthday King.

One dropped over this afternoon. He stayed for a couple of hours and we chatted about this and that. He gave me my mother's day present! I love these products and can't wait to move into the rental where there is an awesome bath.

I did sense a bit of unsaid stuff. I know they think I give more to Three and his lot than I do to them and it's true because his mother in law is always there to help even when she isn't needed. Anyway, it is what it is. It was lovely to see him and I will make a point of keeping in touch with him.

I have cleaned the microwave - not to be used. I have cleaned the dishwasher. Sadly, that will be used but it's easy to clean and I will get Himself to put it through a cleaning cycle as he leaves so the new owners will know. Several drawers in the kitchen have been emptied and cleaned. The oven needs a clean but I will wait until Himself can help me with the door as it needs to be dismantled and properly cleaned. Then that, too, will be out of commission. The bbq has been cleaned. We will be using the cooktop and air fryer and that is it.

The storage unit is now empty. 

Himself is off to Lakes tomorrow after hiring a van and packing it up in the morning. 

My bike should arrive at One's sometime between 9.30 and 3.30 so I will get an extra hug!

I want to buy some crime scene tape and tape off areas as I have cleaned them!

And yes, today is the King's birthday public holiday. Doesn't affect me at all (apart from being able to see a son or two who would otherwise be working). I wonder how much longer we will be part of the monarchy and what we will get instead. The monarchy might not be ideal but I have yet to hear about an alternative that is better. 

13 more sleeps in this house.

13 comments:

  1. Less than two weeks. Wow. It has been so interesting to follow your early thoughts and doubts of moving to where you now are.

    Once William becomes King, if Charles doesn't hang on too long, there will be monarchy resurgence. William and his missus seem to be doing everything right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to see William become king whilst he is still young enough to actually achieve something - unlike his poor old dad.
      I still find my self shaking my head at how quickly all this has happened!

      Delete
  2. I wonder if there is any form of government which is truly "best".
    Sounds like you're getting everything completely squared away! I am so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I keep finding things that need packing but at the end of the day we have to be out so if I need to I can bundle everything into a large plastic bag and deal with it down there!

      Delete
  3. Oh, it's a public holiday there? It's not here! At least not to my knowledge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes. What would we get. I dread to think.
    We are both counting down you for your move. Me to be home again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been away a long time. But what a trip you're having.

      Delete
  5. No holiday here for the King's birthday, as far as I know, although we do have a holiday on Queen Victoria's birthday! It's the third Monday in May and is called the "two-four" weekend when people traditionally open up their summer cottages and celebrate with a case of 24 beer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How delightful that you still celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday! I like the idea of opening cottages and drinking beer.

      Delete
  6. This is the hardest time, when things have been cleaned and cannot be used again. You will be happily settled in the rental before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. King Charles III was born on November 14th 1948 so I am sorry to tell you that the Australian government have ****ed up with that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe One is just sad that you're moving away.

    ReplyDelete