Himself has settled in to watch today's session of Bathurst.
I, on the other hand, chose to sit outside in the late afternoon sunshine with a glass of wine and a good book. I can't remember who recommended "The Latecomer" but it is a bloody good read so whoever did, I thank you. I did get bogged down for a bit because it's not a pick up put down sort of novel. But perfect for a mid spring sunny saturday afternoon.
I had company. Even the evil Max who, for some reason, hates me and will bite if I dare to pick him up. Has he not been told about the hand that feeds and all that?
Last night the other side of the family went out for Sally's birthday to, her choice, a "fancy restaurant" (ie the pub but let's not disillusion her just yet). Three sent me this photo of Alice enjoying her meal.
I think the night might have been a bit much for her, though. He sent me this today!
And speaking of Alice, this is what she woke up with the other morning! At some point in the night she had a blood nose and the bedding looked like a massacre had occured. Blood noses run in the family but I hope this was a once off.
I was making lunch today with one of these wraps. The blurb on the back states "only the best will do".
I was instantly reminded of these ads ...
I was slightly surprised they would use such a phrase with the ciggy connection but I guess I am now officially old!!






Alice is such a sweetie, seeing her eat spaghetti reminds me of my twin grand daughters who also love spaghetti bolognese. Yuk on the bloody nose though, what a mess for the bedding. Like you, I hope it's a once only happening.
ReplyDeleteShe loves her tucker, that one. God help anyone who tries to share!
DeleteDid you feel the earthquake? Penguin.
ReplyDeleteI didn't but many around here did.
DeleteYes Merlot, officially old, or as old people say, middle aged.
ReplyDeleteGreat cat stand off photo.
I watched Bathurst 500 in the 1970's.
Only we of a certain age will remember Stuart Wagstaff's tv ads. But only Dunhill came with royal approval. Ah, the false memories. I need an Alpine to clear my sinuses.
Anyhow*
DeleteDoctors recommended Camel.
I remember saying I would quit when they reached $1 a packet! I lasted a bit longer but I can't believe what they cost now. I used to be able to buy a carton for the price of a packet these days.
Nine out of ten people prefer to smoke Camels. The tenth smokes actual cigarettes.
DeleteLooks like you don’t get a look in when the dogs are home.
ReplyDeleteThat little one is very clever (well trained) - mine would have been using their fingers rather than a fork
To be fair, that is the dogs' couch. They share.
DeleteI am sure fingers would have been used eventually.
That picture of Alice eating her spaghetti is about the cutest thing ever. She's still cute in the nose bleed photo but also a bit horrifying.
ReplyDeleteI read The Latecomer. Of course now I can hardly remember a thing about it. My mind...
At least she didn't seem concerned about the nose bleed.
DeleteI am getting towards the end of the book and it is starting to irritate.
ReplyDeleteExcept for the bloody nose, Alice looks like me in the morning:) Love that photo of her and the spaghetti.
She is a cute kid regardless!
DeleteAlice seems completely unconcerned about her "blood nose," doesn't she?! I love the photo of himself and the huge dogs taking up the whole couch!
ReplyDeleteShe breezes through life, that kid. Unless she's chucking a tantrum!
DeleteSometimes one of the dogs will allow me to sit there, too.
Oh that would of been scary for the person who found her.
ReplyDeleteShe does look like she’s had a hard night partying at the supermarket lol
How quickly they grow. Blink and you miss it
Indeed, Angela. The only downfall about being so far away.
DeleteSuch a cool kid, wielding her tableware like a veteran.
ReplyDelete