Friday, 6 October 2023

Mussels anyone?

I have no idea what has happened here. Did the post upend itself or did someone upend it for a feed?


This was yesterday. I doesn't look much but these were some waves compared to how flat it usually is.


We had the people through today. They were cruising past yesterday afternoon (as you do) and Himself stopped and had a lovely chat with them. They arrived as we were leaving today so I had a chat, too! They are coming back on Monday and it is between this house and one other but I think this one is the better choice. Silly, it's not my house but I would love them to buy it!

The saga of the water on the block continues. I am leaving that entirely up to someone who needs to fill his time.

While the people were looking at the house I went to the post office to arrange a redirection of our mail. Himself took the dogsfor a walk. The heavens opened and Murphy proceeded to have a spectacular poo (I don't believe the two events were related) so Himself called it a day and picked me up outside the post office (we had planned a coffee) so he could take Murph home for a clean up. Oh my lordy lordy the car was rank. The downside of a long haired shepherd is that "stuff" sticks.

Today our Sally turns 7. Where have the years gone? I miss not being able to see her for her birthday but hopefully we will get to facetime them later. Her present was sent home with dad and was received with great glee (something to do with Nintendo - I was guided by those who know these things).

I can hear Himself yelling at the dogs and they are trying to hide under my legs. I think they have been having a wee dig out the back.

Better go!










 

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like life has returned to normal😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my. Maybe an appointment with the groomer and get their bits cleaned up so they don’t have the dreaded Dags hanging
    We had some rain to day. But not like previous days. Hopefully it stops and the paddocks can dry out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww. Not had a dog like that but our Westie did not have very clean habits.

    Yes, those upstream need to be sorted out long before you build.

    Sixteen years ago I blogged about when my niece Jo was born. It is hard to believe she is 16 and 16 years ago I was blogging, much the same as now.

    Re redirecting, in three weeks we have received one item in the mail, my new driver's license. It will carry me to into my seventies. We don't bother about mail now when we are are away on holidays.

    It is amazing how I can turn commenting on your blog to being all about me. It is a talent I have. (insert nice care emoticon here)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day we will have a conversation in person!
      I like cats because they keep themselves nice. Although a long hair cat can be a challenge I have discovered.
      Most of our mail is catalogues from long ago that keep finding us!

      Delete
  4. Could it be that the mussels have climbed to the top of the post to escape from marauding oysters? Either that or it is all simply connected with tides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I think that post is a tidal thing. I have seen many like it with oysters on them around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is normally in the water. The top is painted white.

      Delete
  6. Your life is never a dull moment. Hope the face timing (not sure what that is) went off well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get to talk with her (face to face on the phone) as she was having birthday celebrations with the other side of the family so we will chat today, hopefully.

      Delete