Monday, 9 October 2023

Sad

I really don't care where you came from. I don't care what your religion is. I don't care about the colour of your skin. I don't care if you want to wear a crucifix, a hijab, a star of David or any other symbol of your religion. 

Just don't, DO NOT, bring your prejudices and religious fanatacism here. The joy shown by certain members of the community over the tragedy in Israel/Gaza is appalling. If you want to fight your "good" fight then stay there and do it. I don't care who is at fault today because I can guarantee someone else will be celebrating tomorrow when retaliation happens.

Oh, and if you do want to play who can piss the furthest? Leave the innocents out of it.

Right. Got that out of my system. 

Today I had my biennial mammogram. It was quick, painless and FREE. Earlier this year I did my biennial bowel cancer screening test. It was quick, painless and FREE.

And if, god forbid, any of these tests show something sinister I will be treated quickly, not so painlessly but FREE.

We really do live in an amazing country but we need to stand up to those who want to drag us into the battles they bring with them from wherever they come from.

I wish we could make Australia a religion free state - cos religion really is the root of so much evil.

If you are reading this in Australia, please make sure you get those tests done. Prostate checks and skin checks still incur a fee but they are subsidised by medicare. Regardless, they could save your life. Go on ... do it!

And remember ... if you want to comment have the guts to put a name (or a pseudonym if you are a regular).


20 comments:

  1. Religion certainly is responsible for so much evil, from persecution of Jews in Roman times, through Crusades against Muslims, through Catholic Inquisition and Star Chambers, to all of the more recent inter- and intra-faith violence. In every case, it's the innocent bystander who suffers - the terrorists victims. Religion has killed and maimed far mor people over time than all of the worst dictators, even though most of these religions claim to be "peaceful".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very well said, Will. Especially the "peaceful" bit.

      Delete
  2. The people celebrating are so duped. And the idea that there's anything going in other than Iran's need to avoid peace in the region, is misguided.
    I'm glad you're keeping the with your checkups and hope they're all good. Free at the point of use, paid for through your taxes. A good system when it works!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did get a sense of "here we go again". Will there ever be peace in that region? I somehow doubt it.
      A lot complain about our health system - and it is far from perfect - but when it works it works well.

      Delete
  3. How I wish my own country had a robust health system that eliminated the insurance companies.
    And I'm with you on religion. Some people are always going to be religious, believe in one faith or another but WHY are gods always telling them that they need to go to war? Ugh. Killing. Murder. Destruction. In the name of a god.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am amazed at how the insurance companies dictate so much over there. Even prescriptions.
      I wish some of these proselytising individuals would actually listen to what comes out of their mouths. Their gods may be loving gods but their behaviour is anything but - in the name of said loving gods.

      Delete
  4. Religion is an excuse for atrocious behavior, in my opinion.
    It seems sexist that prostate exams aren't covered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose a prostate check is easily done at the GP at little cost (plus a PSA, also very cheaply - usually bulk billed so no cost other than the GP visit to order the test) whereas the equipment for a mammogram is a bit more complicated and costly.

      Delete
  5. What's going on in Israel just now is horrific. Joy? How can there be joy in war.
    to continue. I'm intrigued that you can get a painless mammogram in Australia. Painless. You mean there is some way to get it done without putting them in a medievil press?
    You do live in an amazing country and a beautiful corner of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The girls do get squeezed but squished but it is a much gentler machine and a good operator makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  6. I was shocked at the attacks, and what they did to innocent civilians
    I was appalled at the reaction by some sections of the community here in Australia.
    It breaks my heart to see what one human can do to another.
    Yes. We don’t have a perfect health system but it’s way out front of some others
    Here’s hoping your tests come back all clear

    I loved the video you posted of the dogs. So adorable

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly we can’t say - bugger off back to where you came from - (branded a racist!) - sadly many of them are born and bred Aussies.
    Oh the delights of the ‘square boob’ day….definitely a perk of a system that shouldn’t be criticised by those who don’t have a similar one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breast screen is a fabulous thing. And the fact that it is women doing the imaging makes it even less confronting. Someone had a good idea, there.
      It saddens me that so many young men are brainwashed.

      Delete
  8. I had both my tests this year as well...we must be on the same two yearly cycle....both test were clear...so happy about that...take care Peta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stalker
    Have just come back from the yearly hol in Port Douglas. Can’t imagine a more perfect place, everyone seems to be happy and respectful it’s hot sunny .and a beautifully clean ocean to swim in This year we even saw a cassowary crossing the road in the Daintree!
    When there it’s hard to imagine than anyone could be living in a less than harmonious environment. sadly holidays end and reality brings us down to earth
    There are many world and political issues we only discuss in our home. Perhaps we are cowards with this approach.
    Everyone is entitled to take their own position on matters affecting the world but needless slaughter and violent malicious protests are totally despicable .
    Let’s hope all the hostages in the world are freed and that by some miracle we can all learn to live together with respect for each others opinions
    As for our health system, it works , it can be improved but we also have responsibility for self management and regular checkups
    Sparks you are living in a beautiful place in Australia and summer should be stunning in your part of the world .Good wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow ... a cassowary. You are very lucky.
      I am usually not one to comment on things outside my world but I was just gobsmacked at the lack of thought on some actions over the past couple of days and the resulting shock at the reactions. Stop think and reflect is never a bad thing!
      I love living here because it is a bit like a permanent holiday. If I could I would never connect to the outside world and live quietly in my little piece of paradise!

      Delete
  10. I've never been a particularly religious person, but I don't think religion HAS to be a root of evil. In fact, I think it's a perversion of religion that causes so many of these problems. That and humanity's incessant tendency towards tribalism.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely 100% agree. Religion is at the root of all evil. I'm not talking personal belief (believe what you want) but formal religion? No. Having seen the atrocities that happened historically through England on our recent trip it was all religion. New Zealand is a pretty secular country and I like that.

    ReplyDelete