I didn't make it to U3A yesterday. I just couldn't face getting out of bed.
Consequently I had a bit of a blah day and didn't feel like posting anything.
We caught up with the landscaper and have decided to go with him. We could save some money by getting the bloke who will do the site clean to prepare the ground for the concrete so Himself will see if he is happy to do that for us. He has already agreed to lay some crushed rock so it will just be a bit more than that.
I had a chat with the couple across the road. Apparently CW has still be giving her builder grief. They have been there every day and she still doesn't appear to have taken possession. They are either really shoddy builders or she is a nit picker - most likely a bit of both, I think.
I had coffee group today. There were four of us and lots of laughs. It is 12 months since the cafe opened and the owner had her chef bake a birthday cake for all the customers and very nice cake it was, too!
I received an email from the company I ordered the pinlooms from. They have had manufacturing issues but I should get them in a couple of weeks. I was right, the yarn will arrive from Denmark before the looms from Australia. I was tempted to buy one from Amazon but it will be shipped from America and cost twice as much. I will just have to be patient.
Three has taken the second week of the July school holidays off as annual leave and the plan is that he and Sally will come and stay with us which will be lovely. I can spoil him and make sure he gets a well earned rest and he and Sally can have some daddy/daughter time and do special things.It is highly unlikely we will be in the new house but we should have the keys so they can have a look around and Sally can help me put things away.
This time in three weeks I will have seen the orthopaedic surgeon and hopefully have a date for surgery. It can't come fast enough. I am now taking Celebrex almost daily. Drugs are good but not all the time.
Two et al come down tomorrow. We won't see them til Friday as after nearly 12 hours in a car they will all be ratty but it will so good to catch up and get some Granny hugs.
BBQ chook, spuds, peas and gravy for dinner followed by chocolate eclairs from my favourite cafe.
Some mornings can be all too hard. There’s no ‘shame’ in accepting that. Do you have long distance contact with the counselor you had - maybe a quiet word would help.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you’ve made some good friends and I do like the idea of a cafe giving away slices of cake
I am not too bad but will look for a local therapist if I think it's necessary. It's a combination of a lot of things and once the hip is sorted and we are in the new house things will be better, I'm sure.
DeleteIt was a lovely idea to celebrate the first anniversary of their opening. The owner gives so much back to the community and went through a diagnosis and treatment for breast cancer over Christmas. She has had one helluva year!
I'm sorry you're having so much pain, but for now, drugs are fine. It sounds as if you've developed some good friends already, nice.
ReplyDeleteI got my pinloom on I think eBay, but that would be shipping from the US for you, as you say.
It should only be a couple of weeks. I can be patient (said she through gritted teeth!)
DeleteIs 2 et al staying with you? Their visit will be nice.
ReplyDeleteAnd so how did you cook BBQ chook? Baked? Rotisserie? Air fryer? Did you rub in some Himalayan pink salt, some Australian extra virgin cold pressed olive oil and your own secret spice, along with a pinch of love of course? You could also describe your stuffing.
Ah, you have bought chocolate eclairs rather than making them yourself. I would have them myself, but no matter. You can't be the perfect housewife.
I'm fairly sure I can't take Celebrex because of my heart medications. Pain relief for me is very limited.
I wish I could go to a coffee group meeting with four older women. I'm sure I would have a great laugh.
2 is staying in a holiday unit. The kids can be feral and the eldest is scared of dogs.
DeleteI rely on Mr Woolworth's secret recipe for the chook. I can't remember the last time I cooked a chook. I used to do it a lot. I could get several meals out of one bird.
I used to make choux pastry but when there is an excellent pastry chef in town why bother. Please, though, feel free to make some and bring them to join us in our coffee group!
Celebrex is the only anti inflam Himself can take because of his heart. Nurofen and Voltaren are forbidden.
Well, you know how pain can affect your outlook, your mood, your very ability to function. I am so hoping that this will be changing for you very soon. Hard to find the joy in life when you just HURT.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary. I never thought I would crave being able to go for a walk!
DeleteChronic pain is so hard to deal with. Mum couldn't have surgery, to elderly and frail, so ended up on morphine to deal with her knees and hips, messed her up. She thought she was a drug addict, poor thing.
ReplyDeleteHope the surgery is very soon. Here the waiting time is 18 months and longer. WTF
If I was relying on the public system the wait would be similar. We have private health insurance which does shorten the whole process.
DeleteWhat a horrible situation for your poor mum to be in.
It’s horrible when your sick and in pain. I hope you get your surgery date soon and you can then be on the road to recovery and hopefully no pain.
ReplyDeleteI was watching British bake off and they had chocolate eclairs. I think with you mentioning them it’s a sign I should get some lol
Definitely get some eclairs. But make sure they are good ones with proper cream.
DeleteI really have nothing to complain about when I consider your situation. Your ability to keep going is humbling.
Amazon has an Australian store, just add the "dot au" to the web address. They'll probably have pin looms and delivery would be cheaper than from America.
ReplyDeleteThat is my default Amazon address but I still get stuff shipped from OS if not available here. And the pin loom fell into that category! I could have bought a toy but yeah nah!
Delete