Tuesday, 9 April 2024

ccccccold

We heard back from the specialist that Himself needs to see. They can't bring the appointment forward so it will be mid-June. He will stay with the Mermaid and she will drop him off and pick him up. The hospital is not far from her so it makes sense.

I have checked the diary and there may be an overlap with my surgery and his procedure. The cats will be OK on their own for a couple of nights but the dogs will need to go into kennels so I had better make an appointment at the vet for their vaccinations. It is also around the time the house will be finished and the landscaping and fencing going in. Hey ho. It's feast or famine.

Himself went to the Shed this morning to cut some timber for a desk he is making. Unfortunately their equipment is not in the best of nick but as the new boy he cannot really say anything that could be construed as criticism. The Shedders are very proud of their wordworking prowess. We will, therefore, be going into Bairnsdale to buy a saw. He can have it as our anniversary present which is in a couple of weeks. I will need to think of projects for him to make to justify it (in his mind). It's funny that I can make something because I want to see how something will turn out or because it's something I've wanted to try. He needs to have a practical reason to make something.

My washing machine is singing. I had better go and hang it all out before the cold change comes through. At least it's windy.

Later ... 

This is what is heading towards us.The speckled bits are cold, Antarctic air and it goes from left to right. We are roughly above the 4 in the 2024 time stamp. 



We didn't buy a new saw as Himself found one in his boxes of tools but he did have to go to Bairnsdale to get screws and glue and stuff. It's a Bunnings thing!

Quiche and coleslaw for dinner. It will be a cold day in hell before I eat certain foods again. As Himself said this morning, it's getting harder as the end of the build gets closer. 

I am struggling but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. So much going on and I could talk about it but not right now. 

Coffee Group tomorrow. Such a great bunch of women.

13 comments:

  1. It was very cold here. I stay home with the fire going. Sending you lots of positivity snd hugs for both of your medical appointments. I’m sure the dogs will be ok in a kennel. They have each other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would only be for a couple of days and people love them.

      Delete
  2. Everything happening at once. I hope it all goes well for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you’re out and about again.
    Cold with a capital C here in Kilsyth today. Rained that freezing drizzly kind then the sun came out so we managed lunch on the deck (with a coat on) then it all went away. Supposed to be 10c overnight- down to 8c now so not sure where it’ll end. And of course with snow in the high country I guess that’s the end of summer 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seem to have slightly milder winters being close to the ocean but when the wind blows it is icy.

      Delete
  4. Yes. May all go well for both of you and hopefully, before too long you'll be in hour house, looking back, thinking, "Phew! Glad that's over!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to August. All should be done and dusted by then. And, as you say, PHEW!!

      Delete
  5. I'm sure you'll be very glad when the house build is over and you're living in it. I forget sometimes that you're just starting winter. I've got a lovely sunny day here with temperatures slowly rising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you're juggling a lot of stuff right now. Keep in mind there is light at the end of the tunnel! Stay warm during the chilly weather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope there is lots of laughter at the coffee group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, quiche, it's been a while since I had one. The trouble with cold is it comes on too fast, there's no gradual cooling down. We go from 35C one day to 21C the next with overnights dipping much lower. I'm wearing layers and shivering and it's only mid afternnon!

    ReplyDelete