Tuesday, 30 April 2024

Grumpy


 

Himself sent me the above. It tickled my sense of humour. I hope it doesn't offend anyone but we all need to lighten up a bit these days. There is so much gloom and doom in the news. This morning I heard about businesses being targeted by pro-Palestinian protesters to the point that honest people can't get to work or are too intimidated. It's like the climate change protesters who block roads - a few weeks ago a woman gave birth on the side of the road because she couldn't get through to the hospital. I have no problem with demonstrating but when it impacts innocent people enough is enough and I damn sure that being inconvenienced by a protest is never going to get me to see their side of the story.

Sorry, I seem to be in a bit of a grump today!

Criminology was fascinating. We looked at a stalking case that our facilitator was directly involved in and which changed the laws to make stalking a criminal offense in three states. Sadly, the woman in question was stabbed to death by her stalker - a man who had a long history but when she went to the NSW courts to plead for help and a restraining order and asked the magistrate to contact the Victorian authorities for their findings said magistrate replied he wasn't interested in the past and believed the stalker when he said he had done nothing. Two days later the woman was dead. I wonder how the magistrate felt. The stalker/murderer was killed by a train shortly after. Suicide? We don't know. This happened 30 years ago and we still have too many women killed in domestic violence.

I mentioned to the facilitator after class about our run ins with CW and she agreed the woman is a concern but also agreed an intervention order might just tip her over the edge. She said all we can do is keep detailed records so if things to escalate we have proof. I don't think Himself is taking this seriously though and he is definitely the object of her obsession - she makes no attempt to approach if I am there. He did say they crossed paths yesterday when he was walking the dogs and ignored each other. I just don't trust her to not make false accusations against him. Thank goodness we have people who have witnessed her bizarre behaviour.

Craft after criminology which is always a pleasant change! Today we talked about fishing, people who don't know the rules about fishing, how to store circular needles (after I produced my tangled mess), vets, disabled toilets and much more. I still hadn't received the yarn to start my shadow knitting (it arrived whilst I was at craft!) so I took a jumper I started knitting for Himself a couple of years ago. I just have the sleeves to do and I reckon I spend half an hour trying to remember how to pick up and get going. But I did and that will be my project for the foreseeable future. I need to finish something.

The osteo gave me some exercises to do and told me to start walking short distances so I did a very short walk this afternoon after the exercises and my hip doesn't like me very much at all. I know things would be easier if I lost some weight but it all gets too damn hard when you're in pain. Whinge whinge.

Himself has a spag bol simmering away and it smells delicious. 

He is currently up at the new house seeing a fencer and just rang to say the garage door is being installed. 

Yay. Something is happening.


9 comments:

  1. Haha. I get a man looking at his thumb.
    I agree. Possibly low paid workers, should not feel threatened by protestors. Go for the bosses and management.
    You are wise to keep a record of CW's behaviour. It's strange behaviour in a smallish town.
    I hope your dinner was as nice as it smelt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think CW has brought crazy behaviour with her from the big smoke.
      Dinner was good and enough for two more meals.

      Delete
  2. Whose thumb? That of the owner of the penis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would assume so, unless it was whoever was holding the penis.

      Delete
  3. I too find CW behaviour terrible...it takes away your pleasure at having moved....I think you need to get more advice, you don't need to put up with this behaviour....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are hoping that as she moves into her place she will lose interest. There is always the risk that we make her worse.

      Delete
  4. I measured my own thumb and multiplied by three, that can't possibly be right. Perhaps they were talking about horses?
    When I'm in pain all I do is eat, so much for losing weight to ease the stress on joints.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That made me laugh... our loud!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful. Stalker people are unpredictable. My sister had one. Nothing much could be done legally until he did something. She moved from one side of the country to the other. Distance did help.

    ReplyDelete