Monday, 22 April 2024

Just quickly

Today is our 47th wedding anniversary. 

I went to history at U3A wherein there was a spirited discussion about the current tendency to blame white people for all the sins of the world. I, wisely, kept schtum. I am, after all, the new kid on the block. Not sure how we got there from the early middle ages! I do love how we can have the discussions and still accept others' opinions. There are only 8 of us but how cool if more could do similar.

I nearly forgot my eye appointment but the husband proved he's good for some things!! I have scarring and will need laser treatment. The procedure is quick. The wait for an appointment could be months!

A nice bottle of bubbles and lamb on the barbie for dinner.

See you tomorrow 

18 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary.
    I’m glad you didn’t enter the arena. Arguing is just a waste of time
    This way you can all stay friends

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't an arguement as such but strong views exchanged and acknowledged.

      Delete
  2. Happy anniversary! Enjoy your celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I don't go out among people very much. I cannot keep quiet. Best if I just keep my thoughts to myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this case I could understand both sides so just sat and listened.
      And thank you

      Delete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary! And yeah, I would have kept shtum too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. Sometimes silence is the best approach.

      Delete
  6. Happy anniversary...this year will be 47 years for my husband and I being together as well....are your eyes a bit blurry because of the scarring?...I had both cataracts done this year as well......Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1977 was a good year!
      My left eye feels like it did before I had the op. A bit annoying but I know it is an easy fix. It isn't unusual so if you feel you are getting a bit blurry see an optometrist.

      Delete
  7. Happy anniversary, and we are a few years behind you.
    I suppose such things being discussed in a group is a good thing, but there are so many matters that can't be turned into black and white. Opinions yes, but 'factual' statements over complex matters, no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And next week's subject for discussion will be Israel v. Palestine.

      Delete
  8. Is the scarring from the cataract surgery?
    Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated anniversary, wow 47 years!!!

    ReplyDelete