Sunday, 28 April 2024

Liars!

That is what CW calls us but in this instance I am using it to call out the weather people.

They promised us a glorious autumn day and failed to deliver.

It was chilly and overcast until very late in the day when the sun finally bathed the town in a watery light.



Himself is still crook. He sleeps most of the day but is slowly improving. I think it might have been a bit more than man flu.

Tomorrow is history at U3A and then an appointment with the osteo to see if he can help my back. I am not a follower of fish slapping and chanting in the moonlight but a good osteo (ie not a nutter) can be as helpful as a physio. And we have an osteo here but no physio! 

I am sure I have shared this before but it always makes me laugh.



Yesterday we had a late lunch at our favourite cafe then a lovely long natter with a couple of neighbours in our new house. 

I can't wait to move in.

16 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten the fish slapping ad! Thank you for bringing it back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does sound like more than a simple illness. I'm glad he's recovering. And I hope you get relief from pain. I wonder if compensating for the painful hip has bothered your spine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certain of it, Liz. My right knee is also playing up. I feel very crooked!

      Delete
  3. We had one today - maybe it’ll come your way tomorrow.
    There are so many different viruses doing the rounds, without testing to rule the big one out it’s hard to know what is the problem. Lemon and honey not doing the trick?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can hope.
      Lemon and honey is helping. I don't think it really matters what the virus is as there is no specific treatment other than rest, fluids etc. And common sense.

      Delete
  4. My almost-daughter-in-law has had what the doctor said was probably a bad cold for over a week with fever. She's been miserable and is wondering if it's RSV. Perhaps that's what your man has too. They tested Rachel for covid and flu and she was negative on both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some nasty bugs around at this time of the year when the seasons change. He is on the mend so that is good. I hope Rachel feels better soon. Almost daughter in law?

      Delete
  5. That commercial is a hoot. Hopefully your osteo visit will be more productive. :)

    I thought sure this post was going to be about your crazy neighbor, given the title!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has been quiet although I am sure she will kick off when she realises we are both using the same fencing contractor. Copying her again!

      Delete
  6. Have you seen the Monty Python fish slapping?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have seen all Monty Python's stuff and I do love the fish slapping.

      Delete
  7. We got a sunny and warm day here for a change. But this morning it’s grey cold and drizzly
    I remember that add on the telly. Made me laugh all the time
    Hope hubby is better soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melbourne does Autumn so well but I fear not so much this year.

      Delete
  8. We had the perfect spring day here in Adelaide yesterday, so it should reach you by Tuesday or Wednesday. Good luck with the osteo. My own back responds well to a hot water bottle, a simple fix for me.

    ReplyDelete