I halved the quantities as it was just the two of us and my lemon wasn't very juicy I realised when looking at the video so next time I will make sure I have a juicy lemon or use extra. It was delicious, though, and will be on regular rotation. I added an onion to the mix as well. Next time I might cook it at 180C and give the veges a 10 minute start which is what I usually do with this sort of cooking but if you like chicken and lemon and veges give it a go - any vege that can be baked would work just make sure to adjust the cooking times if necessary.
Here it is before it went into the oven
I had meant to take a photo when it came out of the oven but forgot and we were hungry!
When Three and his lot were down his brother in law was meant to feed the cats. He forgot. So they weren't fed from Friday morning til Monday afternoon. This morning the female was showing some very strange behaviour. Amy took her to the vet and her blood sugar was 29 - it should be around 10. It seems that not feeding a geriatric diabetic cat for over 48 hours can lead to some pretty awful symptoms (to be fair her diabetes hadn't been diagnosed but I had my suspicions when Three told me she had lost a ton of weight recently). Sadly they made the kindest decision to have her put down. Three is not impressed with his brother in law but has been told not to make a fuss as BiL would be upset. I think a fuss should be made and to hell with his feelings.
I went for a short walk today after embracing Boud's suggestion to try something new just because. I plan to do this every day even if it just taking a different route on a walk or trying a new coffee shop. The short walk also reminded me that my fitness levels are in the gutter so another new thing might be joining the aquadome which has fitness classes for old people as well as the pool.
I did a bit of weaving while listening to my current favourite podcast The Rest is History which presents history in a novel and interesting way. We listen to some of the episodes in our U3A history sessions which is how I found out about them. Apparently they are responsible for igniting an interest in history in a whole new younger generation. How cool is that?
Another new dish tonight and another tray bake. This time it is with salmon with a dill, lemon and nut crust. I shall let you know how it goes.

I definitely agree BIL be told. If you promise to do something then you do it.
ReplyDeleteI’d be saying something. And to hell with feelings.
Unfortunately it's not up to me and Three will probably toe the line. Happy wife etc.
DeleteSo sorry to hear about the cat. I wouldn't be sparing any feelings, I'd make sure the irresponsible party understood he'd done wrong. I need to get back to walking too, yesterday when the shops were closed I walked up to the local servo for my newspaper and boy did I feel it after I sat again for a while!
ReplyDeleteIt's the sitting that kills!
DeleteDelicious tray bake. Your next dish sounds good, too.
ReplyDeleteThat poor cat! The irresponsible, or perhaps simply forgetful brother-in-law should be made aware, even if it means some uncomfortable moments.
The family isn't happy with him.
DeleteA lot of trust just gone out the window there. I’m afraid the wife needs to realise it amounted to animal cruelty and needs to be faced by herself and the irresponsible brother.
ReplyDeleteOK I’m back on ground level now - did you ever watch Horrible Histories (tv comedy for kids presenting ‘history’ in a different way). I learnt a thing or two from it
I need to see if I can find Horrible Histories. Sounds like my kind of show.
DeleteAs a cat lover I'm absolutely horrified at what happened to that poor cat. Keeping the peace can only go so far.
ReplyDeleteOn another subject please post the recipe for your salmon dish!
I will be posting the salmon dish!
DeleteThanks for all those great suggestions. Lemon chicken is a Greek thing but I'd much rather follow your version. Aussies first!
ReplyDeleteAnd the trying something new 'just because' and the history podcast.
Boud comes up with some very wise suggestions to keep the brain and body active.
DeleteOne thing I always recommend: call to be sure the person did remember. It's not good practice to assume. And often that call is the difference between a late dash over to catch up and a sad situation.
ReplyDeleteWhen I had a petcare service I would call from the client's house to confirm I had started the care. With friends or relatives it pays to check.
That recipe looks good, thank you.
I didn't know they hadn't been in touch but they won't be making that mistake again!
DeleteYears ago, my brother and his girlfriend went on a week holiday. When they got home, they stopped at my house and my brother said, "How's the cat?". I said, "I don't know, how's the cat?"
ReplyDeleteMy brother had asked my husband to tell me to feed the cat and check in on the cat. My husband never told me and left town to go to work.
The cat survived thankfully. It ripped open the cat food package and drank from the toilet, but we still talk about it. Poor cat. Stupid ex husband.
A walk a day is good for you, for your body and your mind. Fresh air and exercise, and you live by the water, even better.
That there is enough reason for him to be an ex husband!
DeleteWalking by the water always makes me feel better. I just have to push myself to do it.
I don't know. What good would it do to get on the brother-in-law about feeding the cats? Just don't ask him to be responsible for anything again. But it's a sad story. If he's any kind of a normal person, just telling him what happened as a result of his forgetting should be enough to make him feel bad. If it doesn't, there's something wrong with that guy.
ReplyDeleteI love chicken and lemon together. I bet that was a very good meal.
I know the family aren't impressed with him but I haven't heard his response yet.
DeleteThe chicken and lemon was delicious.