Tuesday, 14 January 2025

Ginger makes everything better

I caught up with Prue and her sister Trude who is down for a few days.

We shared a couple of bottles of bubbles with dips and biscuits (crackers).

It was getting late when I staggered  walked home so I was pleased I had prepped dinner. Chicken Tikka Masala and very nice it was with crunchy pappadums and green veg.


I found this in the supermarket the other day. Add it to white wine with some soda water and it makes a very quaffable drink on a hot day.


We had the Metricon warranty people here and they have "fixed" the whistling windows. We shall wait for the next windy day to test the fix. They looked at our other issues and made encouraging noises but we shall see what eventuates. I am not holding my breath.

A busy day tomorrow so I shall head to bed.






14 comments:

  1. I love ginger drinks! My current favorite is one I make with ginger, turmeric, fresh limes and honey, blended with water. You could add soda water, or a spirit, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds delicious. Do you use dried turmeric?

      Delete
    2. Yes, and since I made a small ordering mistake, checked wrong box, I have a lifetime supply.

      Delete
  2. I wish we could get something like that. All we have with no sugar is coke zero.
    Woohoo for a couple of bottles of bubbles and good company

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cordial looks great, I LOVE ginger, I will look for it in Melbourne. I’m quite liking the limoncello spritz sold in Dan’s and bottle shops, over ice with a slice of lemon, very refreshing. Marie, Cheltenham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the Brown Bros spritz that got me thinking. I found this in the cordial aisle at Woolies.

      Delete
  4. I like the sound of the bubbles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a can of alcoholic ginger beer to taste but it's sat in the fridge for a couple of weeks. I'll get to it.

    I don't know if it whistles but a decent north wind rips through the north facing apartments here and out the gap under their front doors. Is it a north wind when you get the whistling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our whistling is worse with a south westerly wind. It blows straight up from the ocean.
      I spent a pleasant afternoon last summer drinking alcoholic ginger beer at the local outdoor bar. It's when you stand up you realise how potent it is!

      Delete
  6. I hope the whistling windows are fixed. I like non-alcoholic ginger beer. It's my once a year Christmas treat, I buy a couple of four-packs at the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A little ginger is lovey for perking up anything it’s added too
    Glad you “walked” home safely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ginger is always a treat, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete