First of all, yet again, I have to apologise for comments going to spam. Don't know why I need to apologise as it's not my fault but it seems I can check every day for weeks and all comments appear and then forget to check and the gremlins decide to party.
Then I realised that because it was late when I "didn't" post yesterday I hadn't replied to the comments which I do try to do. So thank you for all the lovely words - Mini's head has just about regained normal size - and Andrew and Jabblog, I use the osteopath because the alternative here is a chiropracter and that is a big no for me (I know many swear by them and I did use an excellent one decades ago but I have seen and heard too many issues with crunching especially when arthritis is thrown into the mix). The osteo uses massage and exercises - sort of like a physio, I guess, but they are thin on the ground here, too. So far he seems to be helping.
Himself is currently up at Prue's house trying to sort out her internet. We had a power outage last night and that seems to have buggered up her connection. It must be hard for her being on her own but I doubt the soon to be ex (STBE) would be much help in that department as he seems pretty useless in many areas that involve the interwebs and computers.
The house has started to whistle again. It happens when we get a southeasterly wind and the white caps on the ocean are testament to that ...
I took this the other day when we were walking the dogs along the foreshore. It is so lovely to see people enjoying the lakes and all they offer. I am sure when Sally is down at the end of the month she will coerce a father or a grandfather into another ride on the pedal boats.
There is a U3A committee meeting tomorrow to organise the registration day and other bits and pieces. It will be nice to feel that life is returning to normal. I don't like this feeling of living in limbo that is so prevalent at this time of year.
Gin o'clock ...


You have whistling with a wind in certain direction. Maybe once a year when the wind is strong in one direction, the internal plaster sheets in my bedroom rattle a bit, just enough to wake me. But the walls started rattling badly overnight, like a distant jackhammer working. It turned out to be my tenants in the room next to me having the overhead fan setting on medium When I next see my Tradie Brother, I will get some plaster screws and fix up my wall.
ReplyDeleteIt does' affect me but with a strong northerly blowing, some apartments have whistling coming out from their landing doors.
Any rattles and whistles are disconcerting. I guess we are spoiled living in a country where we expect our houses to be silent.
DeleteGin o'clock sounds so inviting, but I'm resisting the siren call of alcohol in hopes of losing a few inches!
ReplyDeleteI can lose weight with gin and sugar free tonic or soda water. Add wine into the mix and that's a whole different story.
DeleteThe festive turmoil is over here. I like peace and quiet. Hope your beautiful waters calm down and the house stops whistling. You need to enjoy calm seas and an icy g and t
ReplyDeleteIt is calmer today. Hopefully I will have calm seas with the icy g&t this evening!
DeleteGlad your osteo guy is helping.
ReplyDeleteYou surely live in a beautiful place. And I know that the grandchildren must absolutely love their visits to see you.
We are very lucky to live in such a gorgeous place. Three's kids love it here.
DeleteA whistling house sounds unpleasant. Limbo is exactly when the Christmas holidays feels like:)
ReplyDeleteThings don't really return to normal here til school goes back at the beginning of Feb and the tourists return from whence they came.
DeleteA little windy whistling doesn't sound too terrible, but maybe I'd feel differently if I were living with it! Meanwhile, at least you've got an amazing view.
ReplyDeleteSteve, when it's bad it sounds as if all the banshees of hell have been let loose. Think of somone playing a recorder very loudly and very badly.
DeleteGood to hear Mini's head is near normal. The ocean photos are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMini thanks you with a gracious wave of her paw.
Delete