We have rain. Nothing like that which Melbourne experienced earlier today but still, it's wet and the garden must be loving it.
I still had to water the tomatoes as they are in the rain shadow created by the house and if I move them into the rain they will fall over as they are somewhat top heavy. I just hope I get some ripe ones soon and then I will feel that I have acheived a long awaited dream and won't mind if the rest don't make it. Next year I shall see if the woman I bought these seedlings from will be in Lakes again and I will buy fewer seedlings and larger pots!
We are currently watching Breaking Bad. Yes, we are very late to this particular party but thanks to Three sharing one of his streaming services we can finally get to see it. I am thoroughly enjoying it. The humour is almost British/Australian in its subtlety.
Himself was reminded that we had inherited a mobile (cell) phone from one of our parents and dug it out ...
... glasses for perspective! I doubt we have the charger for it but it will be fun to show the grandkids one day.
I baked a loaf of bread. I was googling why my bread wasn't behaving and came across a site the gave very specific ratios of flour to yeast to water. I tried this and made a slightly larger loaf and was very happy with the result. It's not as beautiful as Mary's but it tasted lovely with a bowl of broccoli and ginger soup for lunch.
For those who hadn't heard of the Marsh family (and those who have) here are two clips. The first was produced before the US election and the second afterwards.



We had a lot of rain here. Thunder and lightning as well
ReplyDeleteBut it’s cleared now and we have sunshine
My tomatoes are all plant and flowers. Not much in the fruit department, hopefully they start to really produce
Ive trimmed a lot of leaves from mine and fruit is setting. Fingers crossed 🤞
DeleteWhile I didn't, everyone in the life of personal phones seemed to have a Nokia. Before smart phones, Nokia was the choice of tradies for their durability. Then came the rather pointless Blackberry.
ReplyDeleteThe Marsh Family are terrific.
I enjoy their take on life and politics.
DeleteI can't remember our first mobile but I know we had a series of Nokia.
I can't believe I hadn't heard of the awesome Marsh family before. I presume they write the lyrics as well
ReplyDeleteThe father writes most of the lyrics.
DeleteThe Marsh family is simply incredibly talented. They remind me a bit in their abilities of Randy Rainbow. Have you seen any of his videos?
ReplyDeleteNow. If only people had listened.
Also, your bread is lovely and I bet it was delicious too.
DeleteI haven't heard of Randy Rainbow but I shall go and search.
DeleteThat phone is funny. I remember them well, though I never had a Nokia myself. We loved "Breaking Bad"!
ReplyDeleteI remember when the thing was to get your phone as small as possible. To the point it was almost impossible to use and got lost at the bottom of your bag but at least it was small!
DeleteI had a 'phone like that not so long ago! The Marsh family videos are so good!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't seem that long ago that phones were for making calls - not mini computers with a camera.
DeleteI love the bread knife! Where did you get it? Could you please share the bread recipe? The Marshes are always fun to listen to.
ReplyDeleteThe bread knife was from some random place on the internet. I like it because it doesn't squash the bread when cutting it. I think it's called a bow knife.
DeleteI will post the bread quantities today.
Glad you enjoy the Marshes as well.