Up early to avoid the crowds. It was a cool, drizzly sort of morning and the supermarket was sparsely populated with individuals of a certain age as opposed to the hunting packs of tourists.
Home to unpack my goods and then pick up Prue for a coffee and a chat. Popped into the fishing co-op for some prawns for dinner. They have only started running so are still a bit small 🦐 (and no, I have no idea what I'm talking about).
A friend came over for a catch up (she owned our favourite cafe but had to sell due to ill health - can't remember if I mentioned it but am on the phone so too hard to check) and it was so good to see her.
A long phone call with the Mermaid and a brief one with Three.
Prawn salad with an Asian dressing for dinner (microwaved some pappadums for crunch) and then settled in to knit and watch 7 seconds (to be honest, Himself is watching, I knit and vaguely tune in).
Realised I hadn't done anything about a post today and wasn't going to until I was reminded that I had promised myself to do my best to post every day for January, at least ...

Love that you are posting every day!Penguin
ReplyDeleteThanks, Penguin.
DeleteYou may not have 'done anything about a post today' but the post you did is delightful and your dog is the icing on the cake - rather large icing, but you know what I mean.
ReplyDeleteShe is very much the icing on the cake. And you don't argue with icing!
DeleteBeautiful German shepherd! Cali
ReplyDeleteThanks, Cali. She is a gentle soul.
DeleteYour post is so welcome. Thanks for keeping up.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Liz. I shall keep trying.
DeleteLovely german shedder:)
ReplyDeleteYou've got it in one!!!!
DeleteFor "no post" I'd say you did pretty well. Nothing like a dog to inspire guilt! LOL!
ReplyDeleteIt's those big brown eyes!
DeleteI think salmon doing this running thing, and bulls in Spain. That might be different.
ReplyDeleteAll I know is that people go out in the middle of the night with lights on their heads and scoop prawns out of the lakes and that they started earlier this year than last - something to do with an easterly current. Or something.
DeleteMmm, prawn salad. I got some left over turkey out of the freezer and I'll probably just make a sandwich.
ReplyDeleteNothing wrong with a turkey sandwich!
Delete