Saturday, 11 January 2025

Still somewhere in January

Another day spent frittering my time going down the rabbit hole that is the internet and youtube in particular but I laughed, I cried and I learned things so not a total waste of an afternoon.

The current threats made to Greenland, Canada and the Gulf of Mexico would be funny if spoken by anyone else but out of his mouth they can only generate a distinct sense of unease. 

This time around he has managed to surround himself with like minded egomaniacs who have money and that is the really scary thing because money can bribe, buy and bully. 

My afternoon perusing brought me to one of my favourite English families who parody so well ...




20 comments:

  1. I was told about what he had said by someone who lives in the USA.
    Yes it would be funny if it wasn’t spoken by a megalomaniac
    I fear history is going to be repeated

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two middle paragraphs are succinct. I love the Marsh Family and they are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree regarding the US leadership - scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true: this time around Trump knew enough not to include any "respectable" Republicans. They are all grifters now; sycophants. Things will be much worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The are lining up to lick his boots. So much money.

      Delete
  5. Well sung, the Marsh family! More, please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those threats covered up the legislation introduced in Congress to repeal the price limit on insulin for seniors. While everyone's watching him, much worse things are happening. Watch Congress, not T***p!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how many Americans understand that the president isn't the be all and end all?

      Delete
  7. I love the Marsh Family. I despise the orange intestine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are among many. I will always think of Musk as a cockcroach with ADHD after this.

      Delete
  8. I've never heard of the Marsh family. They're great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I stumbled across them during Covid. They do it well.

      Delete
  9. I shudder to think what the future will bring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know enough about the American political system but surely there would be some sort of of safety mechanism against a total megalomanic nut case destroying the world?

      Delete
  10. That is really clever! Trump on his own was a bad enough worry, but now he has his minions in cabinet and Elon Musk too, that's a far bigger worry. I hope he is one of those who believe Australia is a myth and doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we keep verrrrrry quiet he might not see us.
      Or we adopt the Austrian flag.

      Delete