Saturday, 25 January 2025

The last day of being totally in charge.

First stop was Kmart to buy a warmer top and some longer pants as it was quite chilly this morning and had been raining.

Today was the last full day we have with her before her parents and sister arrive tomorrow so it was a TWO doughnut day. This was the second. The first was identical.


Himself joined us as we explored the chocolate shop. She was rather taken with the 2.5 kilo freckle at $70 but settled on this more reasonable version ...


Himself then took her to play mini-golf and I came home and enjoyed the peace and quiet! They came home and she played on her ipad for a bit before asking if we could go to the beach and the playground.

And who am I to refuse.

Initially we went to the lake and she was happy to have a paddle before she needed the loo which just happens to be next to the path to the main beach ...





... so of course we went ...






My nifty phone allowed me to edit out the other people in the photos. I wasn't letting her frolic in the ocean all by herself and the flags were out and the surf lifesavers were in attendance or she wouldn't have been anywhere near the water. Not on my watch!



Granny was getting a bit twitchy as the grandchild was getting more adventurous and the other swimmers were oblivious to her (she wasn't part of their group so was thus invisible - a common tourist trait, sadly) so it was strongly suggested we return over the footbridge to safer play.

Water but no waves ...



... and she had a ball and made some friends and we were there long enough for Granny to regret not bringing a hat. 

Eventually the other children's parent decided it was time to go (thank god) so we also came home. 

As we were driving into our street she noticed planes in the sky. It was the Roulettes who are based in Sale which is not far away at all if you are an aeroplane. I assume they were practicing for Australia Day celebrations.

We are lucky to see them quite often but today I was driving so all I could capture on my phone was the aftermath - I am sure you get the idea!



Herb and garlic sausages for dinner (her choice), a 20 minute shower and some quiet time before bed. 

I think it has been a relaxing holiday for her and she has had lots and lots of fresh sea air and exercise.

We are all looking forward to Three, Amy and Alice arriving tomorrow.


7 comments:

  1. What a great time you gave her. She sounds like a lovely kid to be around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has had such a good time with you and a two doughnut day has to be extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beach, water, walks, doughnuts. What's not to love?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I come and visit you will you take me to get a doughnut every day? I promise to be good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky there is a K-Mart close by! And a visit to a chocolate shop too. Sally is a lucky girl. Granny rule #1, ALWAYS carry a hat. Even a cloth one folded into a pocket will do in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She’s a lucky little girl to be able to spend alone time with grandma.
    Yes I too would of been anxious at the beach with the waves and rips we have.
    Now for some reason I’m craving a chocolate donut lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun day! Pretty much everything a kid could want!

    ReplyDelete