Wednesday, 15 January 2025

Twas a busy day

First up was U3A registration day. The other committee members are longstanding and all had their roles. I was designated door person to greet and guide to the correct station (pay fee, register courses). As a shy person this was a challenge but it was lovely to meet fellow course participants from last year and get to know some new people. Unfortunately my ear decided to block again and the hall was very echoey which made hearing conversations hard. 

Sometimes it's good to step out of your comfort zone.

Home for a quick lunch then off to the Wednesday coffee group. This was at the bowls club as we seek a regular venue for this year. Pickings are slim. Next week will be another cafe and hopefully we will find somewhere that will suit us and us them. The bowls club is ok but large, therefore noisy and not conducive to conversations.

Whilst at coffee group the rain started with some spectacular thunder and lightning. I do love a good storm. On the plus side, the windows have remained silent but I am not convinced the wind was coming from the right (wrong) direction. I need some good windy days to be convinced the problem has been fixed.

Himself had a doctor's appointment at 5pm to address a longstanding, ongoing issue with cramping in his hands. Xrays and blood tests but I doubt they will find anything other than arthritis, a bit of gout and damage from his footy days back when Christ rode a bike. His father suffered terribly with hand spasms due to similar issues and I think this is in the back of Himself's mind. We shall deal with it as we need to. The sad news is that our new doctor who we both really like (as do many in the community) is finishing up on Friday as the commute is just too much for him. Damn and blast. Hopefully the clinic will find another good doctor who can stay. This is very much the downside of rural life. Although, to be honest, it was getting hard to find a decent doctor in suburban Melbourne. 

Dinner was a warm chicken and avocado salad. The chicken fillet is wrapped in a slice of parma ham and roasted, then sliced and served on a bed of cos lettuce, cherry tomatoes and avocado with mixed seeds, parmesan and an oil and balsamic dressing. Followed by mango and passionfruit with Greek yoghurt and dessicated coconut. 

And some chilling in front of the telly. Still watching Breaking Bad.




The rain has started again so I am going to head to bed with my book and snuggle down listening to one of the best sounds in the world.

11 comments:

  1. I have never thought of you as a shy person, so that was a revelation. You had a busy day yesterday. Hope you doc figures out what's wrong with your ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often get that comment, Pixie. I am a good actor and can put on a social face whilst cringeing inside. If there is a function you can often find me in the kitchen doing the dishes to avoid conversing with strangers!

      Delete
  2. Busy lady!
    Funny, isn't it, how as we age, things pop up that when we seek help for, we are told, oh, well. Nothing we can really do about that. Just part of aging.
    Actually, not funny at all.
    That salad sounds very fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I very much doubt I would have gone from perfect hearing to nothing and now intermittent as part of getting old(er). There is something not quite right but I will give it another few days and then go and see whoever the next new doctor will be. The jous of country living. They really struggle to get doctors.

      Delete
  3. Your chicken recipe sounds very tasty. I hope the windows have been cured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a always a tasty recipe and so easy to whip together. The warm chicken with cripsy ham just raises it up a level.
      So far no whistling. I am getting more cautiously optimistic.

      Delete
  4. I hope you find a good place for the meetings. I really must catch up with Breaking Bad, but I have forgotten where I left off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are binge watching. I would hate to have to work out where we left off. As it is I keep missing things as I count stitches!

      Delete
  5. I loved watching Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul was fantastic as well....Peta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will watch Better Call Saul when we have finished with Breaking Bad. Enjoying it as much as we did Black List.

      Delete
  6. You are a better cook than me! I've become extremely bland and boring with food lately and need to try harder. I had to google U3A as I had no idea what you were on about! It sounds very interesting and a great way to meet more people.

    ReplyDelete