Thursday, 15 February 2007

Life sucks, sometimes

His mother is a receptionist in our department. The police came to work today to break the news. When someone heard her scream they knew "someone has just lost a child". I am pissed off at comments in the media about how he shouldn't have been driving the equipment and his father should have known better. If you can honestly say that you have never, ever, ever, been in a situation with your children where they might have been at risk then shut the fuck up. And if you can, then you are overprotective and doing your kids no favours. These parents will live with this for the rest of their lives and we do not have the right to pass judgement. If you are going to expend energy on this, then do it by sending warm thoughts to this devastated family and making sure that your own family knows they are loved.

LGF as gone to Queensland again. One is doing the anxiety thing again. He is over at the moment and we have had deep and meaningfuls. We are waiting for pizza to be delivered. Himself and I are heading off in the morning to Lakes' Entrance. Hopefully the boys will be OK. Two and Three know what One is like when LGF is away and are making sure that there will be support for him. It's lovely to see the three of them support each other when needed.

I won't be posting til Tuesday at the earliest.

Have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. That's a sad story. And I agree with you that it's pointless and cruel to be asking why he was on the equipment. As if that father isn't going to be berating himself for the rest of his life.

    Okay, wait, what's the deal with LGF and Queensland? Why does she go? And why does One get anxious about it?
    'Splain, please.

    Have fun on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so sad Merlot, I hope the family is able to get through such a tough time,
    I agree about the protection issue, we were riding Mobikes at my uncles place as soon as we could touch the ground before that we were on the tank, I've heard people bagging others out for doing that but hey they arnt your kids and the wouldn't do it if the thought it was too much risk

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrible for all concerned and yes, the father will live with that for the rest of his life.

    I hope you both have a great time away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-(

    How incredibly sad... I hadn't heard about this before.

    Thank you for posting a comment on my infertility blog (sorry it took so long to publish your comment), I hope you had a chance to read my WW blog as well.

    I will add you to my favourites and read your blog from top to bottom when I've got a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over from the divine Miz S's place. I always enjoy reading your comments there.

    Hearts should go out to the dear family of that boy. Your remark about making one's own family feel loved is exactly what I have planned for today. Deep and meaningfuls sound just right, too. Namaste.

    ReplyDelete