I have spent the past 45 minutes trying to put up a photo of me at my most unflattering worst. And I couldn't. And then I thought "why should I show how BAD I can look?". I'll wait until I get some reasonable photos and put them up. And maybe then I'll put one up that shows me at my worst. But not til then. Thank you, ugly fat filter!!
I didn't realise I haven't updated since Monday. Whoops.
Tuesday was a good day at work. Two went and saw the specialist who noticed that Two's voice was different. After looking down his throat he said that it didn't look any different and to monitor him and take him to emergency if his breathing became noisy or laboured. I was trying to AVOID a trip to ED. We seem to be on a wait and see holding pattern but I would like something a bit more proactive when Two starts to become even slightly symptomatic. I guess it's time to seek a second ENT opinion.
Work has been really pleasant this week. Certain people haven't been there (holidays or sick leave) and it really does make a huge difference. I am now committed to staying there for the year as I am doing post-grad study and get a substantial discount by doing it through the hospital. I realise that the issues I have had over the past couple of years are directly related to particular colleagues and it is up to me to choose how I react to them in the future.
I had lunch with the Mermaid yesterday. We decided to go to the local pub cos it was bloody hot and the pub is airconditioned. A very nice meal and a good bottle of chardonnay later, we decided to go to another shopping strip for a look at the clothes shops and another coffee. I ended up trying on several items and dismissing them because they didn't work for me. Not cos I'm overweight. A huge breakthrough for me. I did buy a wrap around top which I will alter according to the principles Imogen has taught me. I showed the Mermaid the difference and she was really amazed what a difference minor changes can make to a piece of clothing.
Himself came home last evening and we had cheese and biscuits and pate and vege sticks and wine in front of a Sherlock Holmes movie. A very pleasant evening. The movie wasn't your typical rendition of SH and I really enjoyed it.
Today we went shopping again! I bought some singlets to wear under tops with deep V necks (another Imogen tip) and a couple of pairs of shoes. I wanted to get some new jeans but it was hard to find some that fit well and I wasn't prepared to compromise. I also wore a dressy T shirt with a necklace and makeup. This is so unusual for me. And I feel good about myself.
Being Saturday evening and all, I have nibbled a bit more than I would have liked but it's mainly been vege sticks and salsa although I did buy some chickpea crisps and had a few too many of them. But they have to be better than potato crisps, surely. Himself is cooking steaks at the moment and we will have them with baked spuds and salad. More wine than is recommended will be drunk!
Tomorrow is going to be uncomfortably hot! I think we might go for a drive into the country. At least the car is air conditioned and we can find somewhere nice for lunch.
Himself will be back to Sydney at sparrow's fart on Monday morning. Hopefully he will find an apartment soon which will make his weekdays more tolerable.
I am pleased with my WWOL progress. I had a very small gain last week (no surprise) and this week I have eaten well and limited the alcohol intake (until last night and tonight but two days out of seven isn't bad) and the scales have been kind. My overindulgence this evening may make Monday's weigh in slightly less than I could have hoped for but the trend is downwards, and I am feeling healthier. And, joy of joys, I've not become obsessive about counting and fiddling and manipulating. I am enjoying healthy, wholesome foods and eating until I've had enough. I haven't told Himself about this latest foray into the vast jungle of weight loss and I don't think he's twigged. This is good because when he does notice a change I know it will be because it's obvious and not because he thinks he can see a difference or is trying to be helpful.
Three starts at TAFE on Tuesday. He is getting very organised. I don't know how long it will last! Two has been accepted into the degree course so will be studying for another year. This year is totally academic (ie: no hands on stuff) and he will struggle. Big time. So in addition to doing my post grad certificate I will be helping him with his academic writing. Hmmmm ... 'graduate certificate in cancer nursing and digitial film and TV'. It has a ring to it.
Two and Three have started having issues with the spare car. It was to be expected and took longer than I thought it would. Two is also having girlfriend issues and is helping a mate with a short film so his tolerance levels are way off and he is being a tad unreasonable. I'm not overly concerned. If the shit gets too bad the car will be confiscated. It is a privilege not a right. And Three has started looking at how much a car will cost and how long it will take to save for one. This can only be a positive thing. Beer or a car? Beer or a car?
The steaks are just about ready, Himself has spun the salad dry and the spuds are soft and fluffy. The red wine is breathing and there is good telly tonight.
Life is bloody good.
Indeed it is.
ReplyDeleteYour week sounds like it was mostly lovely.
I want a salad spinner! Are they any good? I'm tired of lettuce that I pat-dry with a napkin. My hubby is 99.9% finished his Grad cert in Critical Care nursing (He works as a coronary care nurse). We are SO thankful the study year is over! I wish you the best with yours. I assume WWOL means Weight Watchers online? I don't know if I told you..but I joined WW 10 days ago.. and lost 700grams in the 1st week (I only stuck to the points some of the time.. but I'm getting better at it).
ReplyDelete