Tuesday, 2 October 2007

Between jobs

Well, today I finished up in the oncology department. My colleagues gave me big hugs and wished me well. I intend to stay in touch as they are good people and I enjoy their company. We are having a dinner in a couple of weeks as a farewell to me. Seems strange leaving but still being employed by the same organisation.

Tomorrow we go to court with Two. Needless to say the stress levels chez Merlot are very high. He and I went for a walk earlier and we touched on things a little bit. He has had this hanging over him for so long that he hasn't thought past tomorrow. Hopefully it will all be resolved and he can get on with planning his life.

I am having a fat day today. I haven't had one for ages but I feel really blobby. Probably not helped with the chocolate peanut butter brownies I baked for work and the truffles a mate made. Not that I had that much but it was enough to give me the sugar yucks. I felt so bad that I had to jump on the scale when I got home to prove to myself that I hadn't regained all the weight I've lost (I haven't).

Doesn't help that the whole personal training things is becoming less frequent and, therefore, less intense. I still do something every day but the toning stuff has taken a back seat.

On Sunday I went for a bike ride. It was very windy which was challenging but invigorating. I rode into the city (along Gardener's Creek for those that know Melbourne). I had a lovely time and sat by the river and ate my box of sultanas before heading back (MizS, I took photos on my phone but haven't worked out how to get them off the phone and into my computer!). On the way back I started to notice scenery that I had missed on the way in. And then I noticed some rather large buildings that I definitely didn't see on the way in. And then I heard bellbirds that you don't hear on Gardener's creek. And then I found a map that showed that I was miles away from where I should have been!!! So I turned around and headed back. I was glad I had my new phone with GPS just in case but I found the turn off I had missed. Next time I will plan for the detour cos I'd like to ride further up the Yarra.

OK. I'm going to make some dinner and try and chill out for the rest of the evening. I would love a glass of wine or 3 to take the edge off the anxiety but realise that that isn't the answer and look forward to a clear head in the morning. Old habits and all that but I'm not giving in. I plan on going to the park in the morning and having a bit of a run. It should clear my head and set me up for the day.

I'll let you know how things go.

2 comments:

  1. Update us on Two as soon as you can! I have all my fingers and toes crossed that things go well for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well for Two!

    The only way I've found to download photo from my phone is to email it from phone to my email account and then save it when I open email. Messy but can't see another way.

    ReplyDelete