I had plans for today that were centered around weaving as I want to get the scarf I am currently doing off my loom and on to it's new owner so I can start weaving scarves to sell at a Girl Guides' craft market stall that Amy is going to do.
Needless to say best made plans and all that.
Himself went to the doctor about his ears and neck. He won't accept that he is deaf and has arthritis which is causing neck pain. He also won't take the pain killers I suggest nor make an appointment to see a physio or osteo who could at least massage some of the tension out of his neck and shoulders.
I got a bit of weaving done while he was out and then we popped down to see his mother. She was in bed and confused. I thought we would come straight back home.
We had to go to Bunnings to get something or other. Then we went to the shopping centre to get dinner (steak again - I can never have too much steak) and while we were there I thought I'd pop in and get some glasses to wear when I am doing my zoom classes as the multi-focals are really uncomfortable. It took longer to process the claim than to pick the glasses. I got the cheapest ones with no fancy stuff in spite of a determined sales person. I should have them in a couple of weeks. Then a visit to Aldi to see if they had any of their limited time salted caramel and fudge ice cream. They did. We are right for ice cream for a while, now!
Home finally and Himself has taken the dogs for walk to the park. I have jumped on here to update and will now go and pour a wine and do some weaving.
Sounds like a full on day
ReplyDeleteI often get asked if I get bored at home, because I don’t “work”
But seriously I just don’t have enough time to get all I want done right now. No way could I fit in a job!
I get really annoyed when people assume not getting paid = not working!
DeleteI become very frustrated when plans in my head go awry. Especially so if internet time is stolen.
ReplyDeleteUpper spinal arthritis resulting in neck pain and a heavy head? Pain killers don't seem to work. Physiotherapy massages offer little relief. Physio prescribed exercises have helped me over a period of some months.
Thank you for that information, Andrew. You have described his symptoms perfectly. I will suggest a massage first to ease the muscle stiffness then push for physio exercises. Baby steps!
DeleteAnything salted caramel I love but I don't think we get salted caramel and fudge ice cream here. I don't usually buy ice cream in winter so I should check out the ice cream aisle tomorrow when I shop.
ReplyDeleteChris, this ice cream is from Aldi. They sell the best ice cream!
Delete