Friday, 25 February 2022

Friday

What is happening in the world? It is really scary. Is it just chest thumping by an arrogant twat or will it escalate? Will we be plunged into war again? Will anyone side with Russia (which is needed for a world war)? Will China invade Taiwan? When will Western leaders stop waffling and apply the sanctions they keep threatening? But I am no politician nor do I really follow politics in any form much to Himself's dismay.

I choose to bury my head in the sand and focus on stuff in my small world.

Craft group today. Another lovely catch up although I was unable to work on my socks cos the lady who is teaching me wasn't there. How dare she!

Sally got the student of the week award and was very chuffed with herself. She had to ring Granny and Grumpy to let us know.

A good class last night. We covered colours and I had the weirdest dreams last night all related to colours. 

Alice used to be quite fussy as if she was always hungry. They started her on solids and BINGO different kid!!



She has gone from a fail to thrive when she was new to 75 percentile for weight. And her smiles melt your heart.

Like I said. My small world is all that really matters to me day to day.

8 comments:

  1. Just concentrate on that gorgeous Alice. She's a cutie.
    Putin is going to take Ukraine and then he'll focus on his next step to reclaim the old Soviet territory. Sanctions pfff. He's got power, he's got weapons, he's got pipelines which supply most of Europe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the scary stuff. Even if there is no outright war, the rest of the world will suffer economically. Between Russia and China we're a bit stuffed. Shame on the West for dismissing them for too long.

      Delete
  2. Yep, and no sirens of war going off here to terrify us to our core.
    Alice looks lovely. Maybe you will see the next generation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful that we live where we do. My father in law was in Poland when the Russians invaded last time (people only remember the Germans but the Russians were as bad - he got sent to the Siberian salt mines). I am very concerned where this will end up and don't mean to appear flippant when I say I bury my head in the sand. Probably not the wisest choice of phrase. But I do choose to take every pleasure I can from those close to me.

      Delete
  3. What a sweeties she is.
    I don't comment on the other subject, would likely get taken off blogspot if I did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your granddaughters sound lovely! Do you have any more? We have had problems here in Canada recently but, since I can't do anything about it (well, I could counter-protest), I just hope it passes. Same with the Ukranian business. I do feel for the Ukranian people, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart weeps for them and the next country the egomaniac will invade.
      I have 6 grand daughters in all. 2 live interstate and 2 live close by but see more of their other grandparents. No animosity, just the way it is. We help out with Sally and Alice as Amy's mum still works full time.

      Delete