Wednesday, 9 February 2022

How hard can it be?

I finally got around to connecting my new phone to the big wide world. I had planned to treat it as a virgin (as in never been used not Richard Branson) phone but google and samsung had other ideas. After faffing around I realised it was easier to transfer stuff selectively (who'd a thunk that was a thing) rather than dump everything on it (which I thought was the only option) or try to reinstall each app. Those of you who have had anything to do with mygov, centrelink, services victoria will understand my reluctance. I am hoping those apps have happily transferred across. The process is still undeway.

A trip to Karingal to the vodaphone place to see if using the same sim card would cause any issues. "No now piss" off was the feeling I got from the customer service most unhelpful twit.

A quick stop for lunch at the local cafe - Himself suggested it ... I was gobsmacked. Then home to work out this damn phone. And that, my friends, is pretty much the day. And I thought technology was meant to make life easier. Although I cannot manage without my phone.

Himself is quite paranoid when it comes to safety. I have some faith but am careful. 

Baked spuds with bacon, coleslaw, cheese, sour cream and spring onions for dinner. 

And the humidity is back.




4 comments:

  1. My hubby keeps telling me it’s time I got a new phone but all that drama is putting me off. I’ll change phones when I absolutely have to and then we usually get them to do the whole change over if we can
    I agree. I’m over summer now. I want to light the fire, have hot beverages and go to sleep in the dark. The days are way too long

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was trying to be too smart for my own good. I ended up transferring the data across and deleting stuff I didn't want. Some stuff you can't delete so I'll live with it. For the first time the change in phone isn't such that I struggle to use it.

      Delete
  2. I only just got a cell phone and love it although I only use it for texting, the weather or e-mail. I guess I should try some new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had one for well over 10 years now. This is my 4th or 5th. I use it to play music, listen to podcasts, pay with EFTPOS, buy stuff ... it really is a mini computer for when I'm not at my desk.

      Delete