After a very chilly night we had a glorious sunny day. Himself weeded the rose garden, laid down geotex and some of the left over chip bark from the back garden bed. We need about another half a cubic metre to finish it.
I finally finished the scarf. It took me longer to do the hand finishing than it did to weave the bloody thing! I then warped a scarf for Sally. Being kid sized it won't take me long to make. She asked me and who am I to refuse her?
Last night I frogged the jumper I started for Himself. I got caught up with the german short rows which are a bugger and almost impossible to unpick. I really shouldn't try and knit in front of the telly if I need to concentrate but for some reason if I knit during the day I feel guilty. Weaving, fine. Crochet even, fine. I am a bit of an eejit.
Alice is finally crawling but I don't think it will be long before she's walking.
Because Himself worked so hard today (in the rose garden which he hates but does it for me) he has decided we will have takeaway pizza for dinner. This black duck ain't complaining!
Andrew reminded me of Fast Forward in his post today. They were some of the funniest Australian comedians and probably wouldn't past PC muster today. This send up of the series Kung Fu is one of my favourites.
I suppose the suppressed laughter worked well for a time, but they did overdo it. No matter, a funny clip.
ReplyDeleteDown your way again tomorrow for lunch. Our contribution, a gluten free desert. Bought g/f cake from Eugenie's Bakery in Commercial Road and some cream to add to it from Coles. We've had the orange cake before and it looks pretty and tastes good.
One wonders about German short rows, let alone frogging. Isn't it frogging for older couples normally Saturday night?
I loved how they would deliberately try to set each other off. Everything is so scripted these days or kept to show as bloopers and out-takes.
DeleteEnjoy lunch. You have been down this way quite a bit lately.
The language of knitting, Andrew. Frogging on a Saturday night? Now there's a thought.
Oh I loved this show. Comedy was really funny back then. Now watching the younger comedians on telly all they do is vent angrily about their lives. That’s not funny at all
ReplyDeleteThe laughter these two are trying to suppress is genuine I’m sure because I’d of never got through it if I had to do the scene