Friday, 1 July 2022

Scones and stuff

The recipe for the lemonade scones ...

3 1/2 cups SR flour (OR 3 1/2 cups plain flour with 7 tsps baking powder)

1 cup thickened cream 

1 cup lemonade.

Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix until just combined. Turn onto floured board and knead 5 or 6 times (don't overdo it). Work into a round about an inch thick. Cut into circles using a cutter about 2.5". Take care not to twist when removing the cutter or the scones will be wonky. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment/baking paper just touching each other and brush tops with milk. Bake in moderate (180C fan forced) oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.


I am going to try with soda water and will report back.


It was craft today. The dynamic is certainly changing. I am going again tomorrow as there are some that can only make it on Saturdays. 


Our labor state government is privatising/selling off things it shouldn't be. The latest is our vehicle and licensing and registration body. I need to know more about what this means but it scares me. Officially it's not a sell off - it's being leased for 40 years for some exorbitant amount of money. The strange thing is it that's the labor (left wing) that is doing it. Something they bitterly complained about when the liberals (right wing) did it years ago. And for which we are still paying the price.

8 comments:

  1. Hubby and son are both licensed vehicle testers I dread to think how it’s going to affect our business

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard something about all online whatever that means.

      Delete
  2. That's a rather different recipe. No rubbing of the butter into the flour. I am not up to speed with the vehicle licensing and I need to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The butter rubbing was what put me off making scones. This is so easy. You should give it a go and amaze Household Management.

      Delete
  3. Well that’s it then, I think (unfortunately) they’ve dug their own grave and we’ll be back with the Libs come November.
    The CWA recipe uses the three ingredients ‘cept they recommend milk not pop, they also add sugar…think I’d prefer yours - if I made them that is 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When he appointed a female Deputy Premier I was reminded of the delightful Joan Kirner and how she was thrown under the political bus.
      If we do end up with libs it will be a lost election by Dan rather than won by whoever he is.

      Delete
  4. I use yogurt instead of cream (my recipe actually calls for buttermilk but I never have that in the house anyway) and an egg yolk. I like the tip about not twisting the scones as mine are often wonky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds interesting. Anything to stop the rubbing in of butter. I make flatbread with yoghurt and flour. Delish.

      Delete