Friday, 22 July 2022

Hooray - I hope.

I signed out of blogger and signed back in and so far so good.

I went to pick Sally up from school yesterday. Remember the 100 days of prep? Well, it's next week. Sally was the only kid dressed like an old lady. Her teacher was amazing and said she could show everyone what they should wear next week. Sally thought it was quite funny and said no-one teased her. Amy was a gibbering mess. Poor thing. She can't take a trick at the moment.

I saw my GP today. Blood pressure meds increased. Back on reflux meds. Ultrasound of the liver/gall bladder. Ease off the wine. Lose weight. Referral to another psychologist. I declined her offer to increase my anti-depressants. I don't like how they make me feel as it is. The ongoing cough and weariness is the effect of Covid and will take up to 3 months to pass. Happy days.

Himself had a lunch with The Shed yesterday at the local RSL. He sat next to one of the bloke's partners and had a lovely conversation with a like minded soul. I was invited but feel that these things are sometimes best without partners. Today he has gone to have coffee with an ex work colleague. I like it when he sees this chap as it makes him realise his lot isn't that bad after all.

I read that the Medicare form that one uses to register the birth of a child no longer asks for mother's name. It's Birthing Parent. Methinks things have gone a bit crazy out there.

I watched a mini series (I think they call them limited series now) on Netflix called Alias Grace. It was quite well done and I just love the Canadian accents. The main character is Irish but it is set in early Canadian times. A bit of a whodunnit with a twist and an insight to how hard things were back then.

Himself has gone to get Sally from school. We will have fish and chips tonight and tomorrow I will see if I can find where the straight and narrow is hiding and get back on it. 

6 comments:

  1. She is not the first person and won't be the last to turn up in costume on the wrong day or night.
    R's bro in law's twin sister recounted to us in an almost unintelligible northern English accent about her visit to her doctor after test results arrived. "You've taken away my cigarettes. You've taken away my whiskey. You've taken away the sugar in my tea. You are not taking away my wine".
    I agree, Himself is best to attend such catch ups on his own. Maybe you could be the trophy wife just at the Christmas Shed gathering.
    Our fifteen year old niece has two mothers and one birthing parent. I agree with Medicare. Children might need to know later in life who their birthing parent was, although I know our great niece knows but not all will.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birthing mother then? I feel that the ability to give birth is essentially female although that is a contentious opinion today.
      My mother in law used to say no sugar, no salt, no fat, no taste. She lived to 91. I am with R's BILs sister. Isn't wine meant to be good for you?
      I have not attended any Shed dos. I think I will be the mysterious woman at home.

      Delete

  2. Glad you got your blogger sorted out and glad Sally wasn't worried about being the only one is costume. Good be worse, like showing up to a party you thought was tarts and vicars, only to find out it's not:)
    I remember reading "Alias Grace" but I do have to say Canadians do not have accents:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a well adjusted kid, thank goodness. I love your non-accent then!

      Delete
  3. Hopefully the doctors find what’s going on and are able to fix it quick.
    To cut down on wine, and not feel like your missing out, I pour a quarter of a glass of the wine and top up with soda water or sugar free tonic water. Have it in a nice wine glass and your still having a well earned drink That’s way easier than just not having a drink at all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall treat myself with that. Not sure how it will go with red wine but there's only one way to find out.

      Delete