Sunday, 4 September 2022

A perfect day

Today was my birthday and Fathers' day. Three and his lot had already been invited and when One rang to wish me Happy Birthday and wasn't in Bendigo I invited them over as well. It was perfect. The cousins always love seeing each other and today was no exception. Lots of squeals. Oh the squeals.  And make believe and laughing and it was just wonderful to be surrounded by my boys and girls all getting on well. Two video called me this morning and I got to see the other grandies and have a good long chat with him.

One and his family gave me a lovely bottle of red, a candle and diffuser that smells like toffee - I wish there was a smell feature on Blogger. 

Three and Amy gave me this ...


I wondered what Amy was buying at the yarn shop on Friday!


I have wanted one of these for ever ....

and Himself finally listened to my requests. Seriously, I don't need fancy stuff and I really wanted a vacuum that I can use without killing my back. This Dyson has a green laser that shows all the dirt on a supposedly clean floor and a huge canister for all the stuff it sucks up. I have become a bit obsessed! The stuff that came out of the supposedly clean carpet was gob smacking. It sits quietly in a corner in its stand recharging and is ready to be grabbed and spring into action to clean up crumbs and pet hair whenever I feel the need. I will vacuum the carpets every day as well.

We had lunch from the new fish and chip shop and it all went down a treat. Even Himself (he's not known as Grumpy for nothing) seemed a bit chuffed at having everyone there.

I have had lots of messages from friends and family and am feeling very loved and a bit warm and fuzzy.

That could also be the champagne.

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Darl…..good to hear you were treated. We’re there any choccies at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!!! sounds like a lovely day...Peta

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful happy birthday from me. We love our stick vacuum cleaner. No big deal to vacuum little bits every day. Life sounds goods for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Andrew. A bit day is my plan. Saves the back and the place doesn't get too grubby.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday! Sounds like a very fine one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed, Ms Moon. Nothing like little girls to bring a bit of joy.

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! I wouldn't mind a vacuum like that. Dysons suck:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do indeed, Pixie. My previous ones sucked too, but not in a good way.

      Delete
  6. Such a lovely day for you! I'm sure the young ones were equally thrilled to get together. Was there cake?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cake, Chris. Plenty of chocolate biscuits for the little ones and I think that was enough sugar. They were loud enough as it was.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time.
    The dysons are great for getting dirt out of carpets that others leave behind
    Looks like everyone will be getting socks for Christmas lol
    Glad you enjoyed your day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will need to knit more quickly if they are to get socks for Christmas! I have always loved Dysons but this one is the best by far.

      Delete