Thursday, 15 September 2022

And just like that

Our precious Alice turns one today.

I have Sally here after school and we (I) baked a cake. She licked the bowl and beaters.

She is now doing craft while I wait for the cake to cool so we can sandwich it with jam and cream and top it with pink frosting and sprinkles. Cos what is a first birthday cake without pink frosting and sprinkles?

Apart from shopping, picking the kid up from school and baking I have done very little today and the brain is not feeling particularly witty so you can feast your eyes on photos of our birthday girl. Some you may have seen before but you can never have too much of the beauty that is Alice.

















 And this is her Daddy at about the same age.



Normal services will resume tomorrow.

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely smile she has, and how alike her daddy she looks. I note a dog guardian on duty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The genes from my side of the family are strong in that lot. There is always a dog on duty. Especially now they have worked out Alice in high chair = food.

      Delete
  2. She looks so much like her dad. Happy birthday to Alice and the photos are lovely, made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so like her Dad that when I was changing her recently I was shocked to see the scar wasn't there. He pulled a cup of tea on himself when he was about 9 months and it left a scar on his chest. For a moment there I went back in time.

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday sweet little Alice
    May you have many many more
    I think she’s just like her grandma your little mini me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told this. Apparently we even have the same hair line.

      Delete