Sunday, 11 September 2022

Clutz

It was a lovely day and Himself continued to get the vege area ready.

I helped him put the raised beds we bought from Aldi together. Well, one of them at least. A piece of paper blew away (it was quite windy this afternoon) and I chased after it.

As I climbed back on to the front porch the toe of my gum boot got caught under the cardboard box the bed came in and I went arse over elbow landing on my knees, grazing my hand and clocking my head against the wall of the house. I sat there shaking, rubbing my knees and trying not to cry. Thank goodness I had a pair of fleecy tracky pants as even with those my knees are bruised and grazed.

Our esteemed prime minister has declared the 22nd September a public holiday to mourn the late queen. The 23rd September is a public holiday in Victoria because it is the day before our footy grand final. I wonder how many people will take advantage of an unexpected 4 day long weekend and hoof it out of town.

At least it means Three gets two fewer days in that toxic workplace. He rang me and said "Albo's got my back"! Tomorrow will be hard for him as he will be handing in his notice as soon as he gets to work and will then have to deal with the incessant questioning and recriminations.

Hopefully we can get the beds finished tomorrow and the soil ordered or I will have seedlings growing out of the soft drink bottles I planted them in!


6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear of you taking a fall. No, sorry to here you fell. Only old people take falls. I've heard the abbreviation A over T, but not A over E.

    Now I am not working I dislike public holidays. I bet people were very busy making bookings from when the news was announced this morning. Good for Three though. Maybe on one of the public holidays we will catch the FKN train and then the train to Stony Point, a trip I've always wanted to make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tripped. I did not fall!!
      The Stony Point trip was on our bucket list and then Covid. We might do it with Sally when we have her in the holidays. Which I have just realised is the 22nd!

      Delete
  2. Falls are so scary. There is always that second where you wonder, "Have I really done it now?" Phew.
    Glad you are relatively okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I am a bit worried about my left knee that was replaced two and a half years ago. Nothing I can do, though. Just wait for the bruising to settle.

      Delete
  3. Oh no. Hopefully your not feeling too bruised today
    It might be a good idea to get your head checked, not being funny, you be concussed.
    I hope your son doesn’t get it too hard at work. If he does tell him to take a mental health few days off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My knees are stiff and sore but the head seems fine. I have a thick skull! I am waiting to hear from Three to see how the resignation was received.

      Delete