Is he not a handsome beast? (the mark across his nose is from his halti - they'd just come back from a walk)
This was last night after I got into bed for some quiet reading and a bedtime cuppa.
Just the usual - floors, baked bread and worked some more on the baby blanket. I am just about ready to start the actual weaving but I'm concerned some of the warp threads aren't quite right. There is no way in a pink fit I am undoing and starting over so if it doesn't work it will go into the rubbish bin of shame.
Something that is starting to irritate me is the spelling of words in the online newspapers. I don't know if it's auto correct, voice recognition or the writer's ignorance of the English language.
If you are weary of something you are tired of it. If you are wary of something you are being cautious or apprehensive. The two are not interchangeable. They are actually pronounced differently as well but that's another issue.
Time for a glass of Chardonnay (pronounced Cardonnay - the haitch is silent*)
*Kath and Kim. Best Aussie comedy show ever but I can't find that particular clip. And don't even think about the American version *shudder*


Hi you don't need a hot water bottle with those adorable (large) fur balls...lol. Kath and Kim best comedy ever...so bloody clever....Peta
ReplyDeleteIt still stands the test of time, Peta. I have started watching it again.
DeleteYour dog is definitely one fine looking beast!
ReplyDeleteYour writing is so very Australian! You use many terms and words I've never heard. For instance- "halti". I suppose that means halter, as in part of his leash that fits over his face. Most interesting! We both speak English, you and I, but we definitely have our own versions.
Ah, Mary, a Halti is a brand name that has become ubiquitous for the thing you describe. It is specifically designed to stop pulling on the lead (leash!)
DeleteThe differences between the two languages is fascinating and amusing at times.
Don’t throw it away. Someone will love it. Give it to charity
ReplyDeleteJust because we don’t like the colour or feel doesn’t make it wrong
I love kath and Kim. Every now and again I rewatch the whole thing.
I want to be effluent mum. Effluent!
I'm sure it's just pre-weave nerves. Happens with every project I've ever started.
DeleteIt will be noice, different and unusual!