It has been a lovely day. J, Amy, Sally and I went to the Frankston yarn shop. The owner was very helpful discussing the best wool to knit the pilchers for Alice. She gave Sally (who was getting a little bored) a job sticking price labels on the back of books. Perfect for a nearly 6 year old.
We then went to the toy shop where Sally was in heaven. Granny spoilt her and bought her a couple of toys.
We then had lunch at Schnitz which was very nice. A bit chilly sitting outside to start with but we were able to get a table inside before we ordered. I don't remember eating at this chain before and was surprised at the quality and pricing. I'll go there again.
Back home to check on the seeds with Sally - more carrots have popped up.
It is getting late in the day, the sun is starting to get low in the sky and it's getting distinctly chilly. Himself is mowing the front swamp and I am going to have a think about dinner and make a start on a pilcher. I am hoping it will be a quick knit as I want to get back to my socks.
We've eaten Schnitz once. It was ok, but I thought a bit on the expensive side. Maybe I am just cheap. In a croaky old voice: I'm on a fixed income you know.
ReplyDelete$13.50 for a decent sized shnitzel with chips and gravy. Not as cheap as Maccas but definitely better quality! You need another glass of wine to fix that croaky old voice!
DeletePray tell, what are pilchers? Sounds like a kind of fish but not in that context!
ReplyDeleteI used to call them pilchards which IS a fish! They are an outer worn over cloth nappies. I think it's an English name as not many have heard of them here either.
DeleteI started knitting pilchers, but for some reason it got out on the back burner and I never finished. Oh well. Don’t need them now lol
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely day
If you keep going you might be ready when the next one comes along!
Delete