Saturday, 3 September 2022

Saturday


 Apologies for the grammar but I didn't write it! I do like the sentiment though. I doubt I will be allowed to turn the entire front garden over to veges (although it was Himself who sent me this) but I will do my bit.

We went to Bunnings to get some timber to make edging for what will be the vege patch. We will then put chip bark down (black to match the rose garden unfortunately but I pick my battles) and then I will secretly sow some pumpkins so they can grow over the top of the chip bark.

Fried rice for dinner tonight. I have some key lime pie left so that will be f'rafters.

I haven't done much today other bake a loaf of bread and work on the pilchers which I fear will be too small for our chunky monkey. I have another pattern which is for a larger size so will do that next. If I had used a thicker yarn it might have made a difference - or larger needles. 

Three and his lot are coming over tomorrow and we will get fish n chips for lunch. No idea what One is up to - probably going to Bendigo to see Ebs' dad.

I finished You and it was a really good series. I am now watching Echoes which is also turning out to be rather good - and it's an Australian production (set and shot in America). In between I watched Man vs Bee with Rowan Atkinson. It is a 9 part series but each part is only about 10 minutes long so easily watched in one sitting. It has a sense of the classic film The Plank but with Atkinson's touch and a bit of darkness along the way. It really is worth a look.

Time to go and prep dinner. 

6 comments:

  1. I looked at the trailer for Man vs. Bee, looks funny.

    I had to look up what a pilcher was. I remember mum telling me they had to use those before plastic pants where available for diapers. There must have been so much laundry and mum had twins in the 1940's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am constantly surprised at how this generation of mums, most of whom work, are going back to things that need handwashing.

      Delete
  2. Well the secret is out now. If hubby reads this he will know you planted those seeds lol
    I think it’s a great idea a living mulch which provides food. What can be better than that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This blog tries to be as anonymous as possible and he doesn't read it!

      Delete
  3. The Plank is probably my most watched tv single show. Brilliant!
    It sounds like you have enough to keep you busy today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Plank keeps on giving to the next generation of kids as well. A brilliant film.

      Delete