Sunday, 18 September 2022

Socks and visitors




I finally finished the damn socks. I swear I have knitted them 8 times to get two. I still haven't worked out what I am doing wrong to keep dropping stitches in the same spot every bloody time. I am now going to knit another pair in lighter yarn and with smaller needles. 

One dropped by to pick some things up for a camping trip next weekend. Just to clarify we are not campers by any stretch of the imagination but we did have star pickets and an esky. Apparently he needs the pickets for his swag and the esky to keep the all important beer cold. He had his two with him and they played and pottered and coloured in. Then Three arrived with his lot and all hell broke loose! It is so lovely to see the cousins so excited to see each other but I wish they could express their glee in a more genteel way. Add wee Alice into the mix who just squeals with the joy of being alive (and being tickled cuddled by Granny) and it got damn noisy. Himself beat a hasty retreat to Bunnings. 

It has been bitterly cold and wet today. We even had several rumbles of thunder. And, if the news is to be believed, a 2.4 earthquake at 5.40 this morning which is when the dogs woke Himself. 

My knees are still a bit dicky. I really did a number on them. I guess as we get on in years things take longer to return to normal.




6 comments:

  1. My grandma knitted us socks once. They were horrible and we never wore them a second time. Of course we never told her.

    I am absolutely fed up with R complaining about the weather. Is this an English thing?

    It was Saturday night hey, and the earth didn't move for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of knitted stuff comes down to the quality of the yarn.
      Complaining about the weather is ingrained. Actually, sad to say, complaining about everything is ingrained in many poms so be grateful if R's only issue is the weather!
      ;)

      Delete
  2. I had to google both "star pickets" and "esky". And now I know!
    I think those socks look very fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are learning a lot through each other's blogs! Do you not have star pickets? I am sure you have your equivalent of esky.
      The socks have yet to be worn. I am getting worried!

      Delete
  3. It is noisy and bedlam when all the grandchildren get together but it’s so lovely as well.
    Hopefully your knee is feeling better. Soon. Once the rain goes away it will be time to be out and planting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. And when might that be? It seems to be getting worse. I will have to invest in a rain poncho to go with my gum boots!

      Delete