Thursday, 22 September 2022

Tired Granny

Sally was a delight. Talked non stop but still a delight.

Sausages, chips and Alfredo pasta is not a dinner I will be repeating any time soon. Why did we have the same as she, I hear you ask? I have no idea - ask Himself.

She had a bath, a bowl of ice cream, some more craft time then hopped into bed to read until she was tired. With Jinx on guard on the end middle of the bed where she stayed all night. She takes her guard dog responsibilities very seriously. Murphy lay on guard at the bedroom door until we went to bed where he took up his post on the floor at the end of our bed.

Murphy demanded to be let out for piddles and poos at about 7.15. When Himself went past Sally's room she was still fast asleep. After they had done their business they decided it would be a good idea to give Sally lots of doggy kisses on her hands and feet (and face!) so naturally she woke up. It was about 7.45 so she came into our bed for snuggles (and hopefully another 30 minutes of zzz but that was not to be).

First off Murphy bounded on the bed landing on Sally and me followed closely by Jinx who stuck her nose into everyone's face until she found Sally and then she curled up on Sally's feet.

At this point I gave up and Sally and I got up and spent the morning colouring in, drawing on the pavement with chalk, making pom poms and eating disgusting shit Froot Loops (she ate the latter - the smell alone made my mouth hurt). I also made a loaf of bread.

Mum came and collected and off they toddled.

Granny came inside and played around on the computer trying to stay awake.

Sandwiches for lunch, Himself was outside working on the new vege area and tired granny took herself off to bed where she slept soundly for over 3 hours.

I slept through Himself having a shower, Jinx jumping on the bed and the excitement of two dogs getting ready for a walk. I was told I was snoring. I don't snore. I purr. 

I think it will be an early night tonight. I am still not feeling 100% and even did a covid test just to be sure. 

Whatever it is it ain't that. 


14 comments:

  1. Froot Loops were my favourite cereal when I was Sally's age! Don't know what would think of them now. Probably not much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think our tastes change as we get older! I laughed at the claim that they are free from artificial colours, flavours and sweeteners but the main ingredient is sugar!

      Delete
  2. I rather like Froot Loops and treat myself to the occasional Aldi alternative, especially when on holidays. With some pets you never get a great night's sleep, as I guess we won't next week when dog sitting. Three hours daytime sleep should mean you stay up later. Otherwise you are sure to have a restless night. You must do very well at entertaining Sally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer crunchy nut cornflakes or coco pops as a sweet treat but even then, very rarely. I look forward to your dog sitting tales (tails?). I was in bed by 9.30 which is early for me. I must be under the weather.

      Delete
  3. I have the same reaction when we've had an overnight here with grandchildren. A nap is required the next day. Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know covid fatigue can last for a long time. Here's hoping you're feeling more rested today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pixie. We are thinking it might indeed be long covid.

      Delete
  5. “Has Beens ever gotten away?” The answer was lengthly. I was going to make a stand alone blog post for it. In doing so it was too upsetting for me recounting the events. I don’t want it on the blog. If you want to read it, send me an email (hwyfly@gmail.com) and I will send it to you. I didn’t want you to think I ignored your question. John and >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I commented again on Wednesdays blog about the aqua....Peta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the, I don’t snore. I purr. Lol
    I’m going to use that one.
    Now the equinox has come and gone fingers crossed the weather starts to get better and we can finally get the summer veg into the ground

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dammit. I KNEW the date was important but for the life of me for the first time EVER I forgot about the equinox. I must be getting oldtimers disease.

      Delete