The dogs have worked out that if you sit right next to the high chair you get all sorts of interesting treats.
We had a lovely evening. It was very late when they finally left (around midnight) and much red wine had been consumed.
Himself and Three had some heated political discussions which at one point reduced Sally to tears as she thought they were fighting. I don't blame her. I have never coped with raised voices. We used to go to the in-laws for lunch every. single. Saturday. It was hell. Himself and his mother would get into these loud discussions. He would automatically take the opposing view to her and he could never understand why I was so uncomfortable. My parents never raised their voices at each other and I always feel that raised voices mean anger rather than spirited discussion. Many a day I left and walked home. The day we stopped those lunches was a red letter day indeed. We only went over for birthday lunches after that and they were bad enough.
I woke up this morning feeling a tad seedy. Can't think why!
I spent the afternoon warping my loom to make a blanket for the next grandchild due in November. It's yellow and white as the gender is un-revealed. I wonder. A 7th granddaughter or finally a grandson? It won't really matter as they live in NSW so contact will be limited.
It is now trying to rain in that Melbourne Spring way. The remaining two birches have finally put out leaves and the veges are coming along well. The roses remain aphid free.
Today I am content.

Our nearly 1 yr old grandson was in his high chair yesterday when we popped in.......surrounded by bits of banana on the floor ! Sadly my dog isn't allowed in their house ( or garden) as he would have loved to clear it up!
ReplyDeleteThat's a shame. I think dogs and babies need to get used to each other early. Alice loves our dogs and the feeling is mutual - even without treats!
DeleteDogs are good at getting up floor crumbs and bits.
ReplyDeleteI can't abide loud voices raised in altercation.
I don't see the need and men's voices sound particularly threatening.
DeleteThe thing you notice about cats after a long run of dogs is that you have to clear your own crumbs!
ReplyDeleteI used to think my Italian neighbors were constantly fighting until I found they were just passing the time of day. I hate shouting, it's intimidating. I've even dropped friends who talk in a shout.
I do have a cat who thinks he's a dog and will line up with them for treats!
DeleteThere are certain nationalities who don't seem to have indoor voices. It is bothersome.
Contentment is underrated I think. It's a very good thing.
ReplyDeleteI hate people yelling and yet I yell.
Contentment is better than happiness sometimes. Just quiet peace.
DeleteI rarely yell but if I do, watch out.
Being of Greek background I’ve never known anything but raised voices, especially when the conversation is about politics lol
ReplyDeleteI hope the seedy feeling is gone now. And yes it’s cold and looking dreary out there right now
I'm bright as a button now! I guess Polish families are similar to Greek in that respect.
Delete