Thursday, 24 November 2022

It begins

 





Himself had his last solid food at around 10am. He is now on clear liquids and has just started to take the prep. In an hour or so the fun begins. Notice how the Picolax is described as having a pleasant lemon taste? Yeah, no.

His instruction sheet only mentioned the colonlytely but he was given two sachets of each. I rang the rooms and the chick I spoke to didn't seem to really know but we decided to alternate. When I was looking for the images I found one practice that said picolax the day before and colonlytely the day of. Too late. He's already started on the colonlytely. Either way he is getting a double dose so he should be well and truly cleaned out.

TMI? 

I caught up with J for brunch and we had a pleasant couple of hours chatting and knitting. I finished the pair of socks (my pair had 3 - sort of like a baker's dozen I suppose) and they are both the same length. Thank god - I didn't have enough yarn left for another one! 

I am going to knit my next pair with contrasting cuff, heel and toe. I have some beautiful yarn to knit Himself a pair but need to perfect the technique first. As I will be hanging around Malvern waiting for him to finish his procedure for heaven only know how long, I shall get plenty of knitting done tomorrow. Parking is abysmal around the hospital and the paid parking is horrendous so I am hoping I can find a side street not too far away with unrestricted parking.

Dinner tonight will be rice with butter and cheese. Comfort food from my childhood and something Himself won't be envious of. Although he did say the dogs' meat was even looking appetising. I offered to cook some for him for tomorrow night when he can eat again.


Frances, for some reasons your comments went to spam. I have no idea why but am checking every day now.

7 comments:

  1. You are certainly going all out with sympathy by having rice, butter and cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you will both be so relieved when this is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully your man doesn't have hemorrhoids, those just really add to the pleasure of neverending diarrhea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does not taste pleasant at all! And the whole day before is traumatic. Watch out after the procedure. I came home and ate a simple sandwich and it went straight through to the keeper. It was like they had taken my intestines and just made a slippery slide out of it.
    I’d definitely wait until I got home to have something to eat. Good luck

    ReplyDelete